|Cooldown||15 sec (GCD 1.5 sec)|
- Allow me to show you the proper way to atone for your actions. — Rekwa Proudhorn (TCG)
Repentance is a paladin talent available at level 30.
This is a second crowd control ability for Retribution Paladins (after Hammer of Justice), which is very useful in both PvP and PvE, as it allows two targets to be stunned/incapacitated at the same time (if the mob is not immune). However, note that damaging a target affected by Repentance will end the effect. Repentance is useful in duels, allowing time for a quick self-heal.
- Warriors can use Berserker Rage to break out of Repentance.
- Mages can not blink out of Repentance.
- With 1 minute duration and 1 minute cooldown, this talent has become a reliable crowd-control for PvE - particularly since it's instant-cast, and works with many races: Humanoids, Demons, Dragonkins, Giants, Undead.
See Paladin Talents for more details.
- Patch 5.0.4 (28-August-2012): Minor update.
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): This crowd control effect will no longer break early from the damage done by Righteous Vengeance.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): No longer resets the Paladin's melee swing timer.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Mana cost changed to 9% of base, duration increased to 1 minute (10 second PvP duration), now usable against Demons, Dragonkin, Giants, Humanoids and Undead.
- Patch 1.6.0 (12-Jul-2005): Duration changed from 6 seconds to up to 6 seconds.