Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Red Winter Hat was a novelty hat, but was changed to Cloth armor as of Patch 2.3.
- Northrend drops
- [72+ - 82+] (1st boss) in The Nexus, Borean Tundra
- [75+ - 82+] (3rd of 5 bosses) in Ahn'kahet: The Old Kingdom, Dragonblight
- Cataclysm drops
- [87+] (last boss; Heroic mode-only) in The Deadmines, Westfall
- [82+ - 87+] (2nd boss) in Blackrock Caverns
- [84+ - 87+] (last boss) in The Stonecore
Note: You will know if the boss will drop the hat only if the hat is shown on the boss' head.
In Mists of Pandaria EditThis section concerns content exclusive to Mists of Pandaria.
Drop rate appears to be quite low (<1%):
Prior to Cataclysm Edit
At the same time, the hat is also a boss drop for specific mobs based on which expansions the player owns.
For those that own only the basic game, the hat drops from:
- Emperor Dagran Thaurissan in Blackrock Depths
- Cannon Master Willey in Stratholme
- War Master Voone in Lower Blackrock Spire
For those that own The Burning Crusade, the boss drops change to:
- Captain Skarloc in Escape from Durnholde Keep
- Nethermancer Sepethrea in The Mechanar
- High Botanist Freywinn in The Botanica
For those that also own Wrath of the Lich King, the boss drops change to:
Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): bosses only drop it in heroic. Stonecore heroic.
/ Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Now drops from Grand Magus Telestra and Jedoga Shadowseeker.
Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): This item is now cloth. In addition, it now also drops from various Burning Crusade bosses.
Patch 1.2.0 (18-Dec-2004): Added.