Rebirth is a druid resurrection ability learned at level 56. It can be cast while in combat. To distinguish it from the similarly-named it is often referred to in game as a combat– or battle–rez, or just "b–rez".
Modified by Edit
- Restoration abilities
- Like all other spells with a cooldown of 10 minutes or more, it cannot be used in Arenas.
- Due to the cooldown, raids are effectively limited to one battle res per druid per encounter. Because of this limitation, Rebirth use is usually reserved for critical players: tanks, healers or the group's highest-performing DPS
- Like Bloodlust/Heroism, groups will often wait until Rebirth is off cooldown before pulling a boss.
- Resurrecting a player in combat is inherently dangerous as the target will be dropped in a dangerous environment with very little health. Healers must be prepared to heal very quickly, especially if the target is a tank who needs to pick up aggro quickly. However, if the Druid who casts Rebirth has a Glyph of Rebirth set in his Glyph roster, this danger is effectively removed (since the player who receives the Rebirth will be resurrected with full health in such a scenario).
- Similarly, since the target is revived at the caster's location, a druid should be careful not to be standing in a source of damage themselves while casting Rebirth
- Rebirth can be used for wipe recovery. If a party is going to wipe and a member of a class with a resurrection spell has already died, the druid can cast Rebirth on that player. The player receiving the Rebirth can wait until after the wipe to accept the resurrection and then continue to resurrect the rest of the party. This is an unconventional use of Rebirth and should only be done with good communication, as it achieves no benefit and wastes the cooldown if the resurrected player accepts before the wipe is complete. Also note that you must rebirth the player outside of the aggro range of any enemies or they will be attacked again after they accept. Make sure the healer you use this tactic with doesn't have any add-ons that auto-accept resurrection spells!
- On very rare occasions, the threat attached to restoring X health to a player, along with their life, can cause an aggro switch.
- Should you ever feel generous enough to res a corpse found at the side of the road, check to see if it's flagged PvP first!
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 5.0.4 (28-August-2012): Updated; reagent requirement removed; changed from Returns the spirit to the body, restoring a dead target to life with 20% health and 20% mana.
- Patch 4.0.3 (15-Nov-2010): The cooldown on this spell has been decreased from 30 minutes back to 10 minutes.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): The cooldown on this spell has been increased from 10 minutes back to 30 minutes.
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): The cooldown on this spell has been lowered from 20 minutes down to 10 minutes. Cannot be used in Arenas.
- Hotfix (2009-04-23): "Nature's Swiftness should properly affect Rebirth."
- Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): The cooldown on this spell has been lowered from 30 minutes down to 20 minutes.
- Patch 1.6.0 (12-Jul-2005): Resurrection spells should now check range properly when used on targets that have released their spirit.
- Patch 1.3.0 (07-Mar-2005): Casting time and mana cost reduced; now ignores resurrection timers.