|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft after the Mists of Pandaria cleared in patch 5.4.0.
Readiness is a hunter ability learned at level 60. When activated, it immediately finishes the cooldowns on hunter abilities with a base cooldown of less than five minutes.
- Since Readiness resets the cooldowns of and and these abilities do not trigger a global cooldown, there is no reason not to use them before using Readiness. It may be useful to make a macro for Readiness that uses these abilities immediately before Readiness.
- If in the heat of a PvP battle, this ability can be used to get off another or to incapacitate an opponent.
- Readiness can be used to reset the cooldown on , allowing the ability to be used twice in a row for a total of 12 seconds of nigh invulnerability. This can be situationally useful in both PvE and PvP.
- Using Readiness together with will let you to leap twice in a row, allowing you to put a lot of distance between you and your enemy. This can be especially useful if you are attacked by higher level players while questing, as it may buy you enough time to use (to clear combat) and mount up before they can catch up to you.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 5.0.4 (28-August-2012): Updated.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): No longer resets the cooldown on Bestial Wrath.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Cooldown reduced to 3 minutes, down from 5 minutes, and has been moved to Tier 5 of the Marksmanship Tree from the Survival Tree. Was in Tier 9.
- Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): This talent now finishes the cooldown on Kill Command.; Fixed a bug in which Hunters were able to use Readiness in conjunction with Freezing Trap on two different targets.
- Patch 2.1.0 (22-May-2007): Now resets the cooldown on Misdirection.
- Patch 2.0.3 (09-Jan-2007): The hunter Survival Talent "Readiness" will now finish the cooldown of the ability "Wyvern Sting".