- Were you looking for rare monsters, see rare mob or rare or hard to get items, see rare item?
- For the Superior achievement, see Superior (achievement).
Rare is the level of item quality in between Uncommon and Epic or the highest battle pet quality which is above Uncommon. It is also the middle quality for a garrison follower above Uncommon, but below Epic.
This section concerns content exclusive to Warlords of Draenor.
With the introduction of garrisons, rare quality followers are distinguished from other follower quality levels by having up to 2 different follower abilities and up to 2 different follower traits.
- The names of Rare quality items will appear in blue.
- Equippable items of Rare quality almost always have one or more attribute bonuses and some have procs.
- As an example, the blue weapons have at least 3 "major" stat boosts, and eventfully a proc. This also occurs with most armor (head, neck, shoulders, chest, back, waist, legs, boots). Backs, bracers and some trinkets/rings only have one or two stat boost, a proc, and/or an "On equip".
- Most equippable items at Rare quality and above can be disenchanted by characters with the Enchanting profession.
- Some ingredient items are of Rare quality, including all Shards used in the Enchanting profession, such as Large Brilliant Shard.
- The web color code for rare itemlinks is #0080ff.
- Almost all boss drops from non-heroic and non-raid instances are of rare quality.
- Outland and Northrend quests that require defeating an elite monster will often reward a rare. Quests at the end of long, lore-intensive chains will sometimes reward a rare.
Battle pets Edit
- The names of Rare quality battle pets will appear in blue.
- They should have slightly better initial stats than Uncommon quality battle pets.
See also Edit