|It is requested that a screenshot or screenshots be included in this article to improve its quality.|
Phase One Edit
Starts at 100%.
- . He targets the ground with his hammer and lava begins to boil on the ground; a few seconds later, he slams the hammer down. This impact causes to radiate out from the blast. They put a debuff that can be dispelled that causes periodic damage. It's likely in heroic it would hit for too much or be unremovable as a way to make the mechanic more punishing.
- . He summons one on a random player in the raid. They function a lot like the Shadow Trap mechanic from heroic Lich King, except they don't remove you from the platform. This makes them relatively harmless. Unlike the heroic Lich King ones, they also don't despawn during phase transitions.
- is cast every once in a while and it's a lot like Static Shock from the Al'Akir encounter.
- Ragnaros also casts .
Phase Two Edit
Phase two starts at 70%.
- Ragnaros spawns his after throwing down Sulfuras. They have a buff called which increases their speed if their HP is above 50%.
- Ragnaros throws down a at every member of the raid. After ten seconds, they spawn adds that can't be tanked. Luckily they don't hit for very much, either.
- He also casts on the platform to make certain areas obscured, this doesn't become much of an issue until phase three, but should still be watched out for.
Phase Three Edit
The final phase starts out at 40%.
- Adds are two . They heal Sons of Flame who stand in their wake.
- . Ragnaros will summon them down from the sky and it will fixate on a random raid member. You can alter its path slightly by DPSing it--every time it's hit, it rolls away. However, if you're in the meteor's landing path or within a couple yards of it (regardless of whether it's following you or not), it will kill you.
- Engulfing Flames is still being cast on one third of the platform, making the meteor kiting trickier.
- At 10% HP, Ragnaros retreats and awaits you to defeat him on Heroic.