|End||Anson Hastings or Hudson Barnes|
Requires Level 10
You've finally found the crate that Anson sent you to retrieve. However, it appears the archaeology student's warnings about the nature of the crate's contents were correct.
There's no doubt that your employer lied to you about the dangers involved in the job. Do you really want to hand the crate over to him, or would you rather give it to Hudson Barnes, who believes it better to keep the crate's contents locked away?
You will receive:
- If turning in to Hudson:
- Hudson Barnes says: I know this will seem like betrayal, but Mr. Hastings has made an offer I simply cannot refuse. My apologies, <name>.
Anson strolls in.
- Anson Hastings says: It's good to see you again, Mr. Barnes. Do you have the crate?
- Hudson Barnes says: I do. <Name> just returned with it, but how do I know you're going to keep your end of the bargain?
- Anson Hastings says: I have the charm with me and I will unlock its power once the crate is in my hands. You were wise to change your mind, Barnes.
- Anson Hastings says: With it, you will be able to enter Karazhan without fear of harm or detection. Not even will know how you uncover the tower's history.
- Hudson Barnes says: Please, take the crate. I'm already thinking about what I'll find in the tower's library!
- Anson Hastings says: I've been waiting for this day for years. Behold my transformation!
Anson begins channeling his spell. He turns into a spider and runs around frantically!
- Anson Hastings says: What's happening to me? It burns!
- Hudson Barnes says: No, wait! You haven't told me how to use this charm yet!
- If turning in to Anson:
- Anson Hastings says: I hope you weren't too put out, <name>, but the contents of this crate have been very important to my family for generations.
- Anson Hastings says: I've been preparing for this moment for years, <name>, and you've made it all possible. Witness my transformation!
Anson turns into a spider and dies.
Patches and hotfixes Edit
Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Added.