|Valduran the Stormborn|
|Start||Bouldercrag the Rockshaper|
|End||Bouldercrag the Rockshaper|
Requires Level 77
|Category||The Storm Peaks|
or 16529 at Level 110
|Rewards||, , , or|
We have no choice, <name>. What you learned in Mimir's Workshop means that we must act before Valduran can complete and unleash his new weapon.
Even now, the refuge's defenders fight to buy us time to deal with Valduran the Stormborn.
You must go to Nidavelir, across the Snowdrift Plains to the southwest, and then find and face Valduran. But you will not be alone. Bring this war horn with you and sound it as you prepare to face the leader of our enemies. Bruor and I will aid you in this battle.
Valduran must be dealt with before the refuge falls.
At last, Valduran is dead, and the stormforged are weakened, but if his boasting is true, we must continue fighting the stormforged in his absence. This weapon they're building could be the end of us.
Use the war horn to summon Bouldercrag and Bruor to start the fight.
- Bouldercrag the Rockshaper says: At last, the tyranny of the stormforged is at its end!
- Bruor Ironbane says: No more will your minions assail the creatures of stone and their allies.
- Bruor Ironbane says: I am your doom, Valduran!
- Valduran the Stormborn says: How predictable! But then, who would expect a rock to think like anything other than one?
- Valduran the Stormborn says: If you're so eager to fight, I'll oblige you. But know that nothing you do here can prevent the completion of the iron colossus!
- The fight is joined.
Let the elites tank Valduran. Valduran will likely open with "Ball Lightning" on the player, which inflicts 850 Nature damage every second to enemies who enter the area. He also casts Lightning Bolt on his main aggro target for ~2000 Nature damage and "Spark Frenzy", where Sparks fly from the caster in all directions, doing 329 to 381 Nature damage per spark.
- Bouldercrag the Rockshaper says: We've defeated Valduran and we'll fell his colossus.
- Bruor Ironbane says: Well fought! The day is ours, but the war goes on!
- Failure glitch
It is possible to fail this quest if you do not participate in the fight. Not generating enough aggro could be the source of the problem, however GM's have not commented on its mechanics. As a healer, you may have trouble successfully completing it on your first attempt. The allies that you spawn do not require healing, so feel free to attack as much as you can.
-  or 
-  & 
-  & 
-  & 
While killing golems, loot the to continue the quest chain.
-  &