- Not the version of this quest you were looking for? See Tome of the Cabal.
Ah! I see that you are a warlock of similar tastes to mine. Indeed, acquiring the Tome of the Cabal is a worthy aspiration. Did you know that it was once held within the walls of Lordaeron? It was vandalized though, almost half its pages removed. Who would commit such a heinous act?
That half is lost, though rumor says that it fell into the hands of the centaur of the Thousand Needles.
It may be that you are chasing after fairy tales, <name>, but truth can be found at the center of even the wildest rumors.
Well well well! What do we have here?
This is impressive, <name>. I wouldn't have thought it possible, but here it is in my very hands, the complete Tome of the Cabal.
Allow me to leaf through its pages for just a moment before you are off again.
Upon completion of this quest you will gain:
- 600 XP (or 3 60 at level 70)
- The Moldy Tome is at the base of the waterline in a Murloc camp at 27.8, 72.8.
- The Tattered Manuscript is in Splithoof Hold in the middle of the cave, at 43.4, 32.7 in a chest. Take the first right - cross the stream to the left, and it's at the middle of the next junction against the wall.
- You may want to get  in Freewind Post before going to get the Manuscript, if it hasn't already been completed. Many centaur ought to die getting to and from the hold.