Requires Level 1
Speak to in Stormwind Keep.
No doubt you've felt the earthquakes. You may have even seen elementals attacking the lands or towns. The Earthen Ring struggles to understand what is going on. We've been fortunate to gain assistance from the Wildhammer shaman.
Gavan Grayfeather is in Stormwind keep to help coordinate our efforts with the various faction leaders. Speak to him and see what you may learn about these events, <name>.
Well met, <class>. I am Gavan Grayfeather, emissary of the Wildhammer shaman.
There is much work to be done. The leaders fear for the citizens, as many have turned to cults. We shaman are concerned with the elemental unrest.
Our advice to you, <class>, is to be vigilant. Help where you can, be it calming the people or putting the elementals at rest. There is plenty to do.
This begins one of the Cataclysm prelude quest chains in phase two. Erunak offers it by the bank in Stormwind without any prerequisites. Pick up from him and from an Earthen Ring Emissary before heading out.
Run up to the throne room inside Stormwind Keep, to see Gavan overlooking a war council of the Alliance leadership. Turn in to complete the quest and watch the script event if it is in process. Then head down to the harbor for . Complete Tormun's script event, loot the tablets, then take the tram or fly to Ironforge. Belgrum is in the Library of the Hall of Explorers. Turn in, then run across Ironforge to the Commons, where Mylra awaits.
Script event Edit
- King Varian Wrynn says: We are ready to proceed. , you have called this meeting. What concerns you?
- King Magni Bronzebeard says: You've no doubt noticed the string of earthquakes we've had in the last weeks. Something doesn't feel right about them.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: What do you mean?
- King Magni Bronzebeard says: We dwarves have a connection to the earth. We can feel her pain. And right now the earth is crying out. These earthquakes... they are both natural and not. I wanted to gather you all together and discuss them.
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: Even in Darnassus we have noticed the earth is at odds with something.
- King Magni Bronzebeard says: I've received word from my brother in Northrend. In his exploring of Ulduar he came across some unusual tablets... something ancient.
- King Varian Wrynn says: Nothing good has come from that dreadful place.
- King Magni Bronzebeard says: This ust might change your mind. Brann is shipping the tablets to me as we speak. Preliminary reports from the Explorers' League state that they may be able to help us understand what is going on with the earthquakes.
- High Tinker Mekkatorque says: Our top minds have been looking into the seismic activities... Well, we've mostly been looking at how to secure a building's frame while at the same time simulating tectonic shifts...
- High Tinker Mekkatorque says: ...because on one hand, this could be a handy device, the "Shake-a-Ton 2000." But on the other hand, the last thing we gnomes want is to see the mountains of Dun Morogh collapse and crush Ironforge.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: So, is that why you have moved out?
- High Tinker Mekkatorque says: Ha, not at all! Though it is a striking coincidence. Gnomeregan has been and continues to shame our people. It is long past time we reclaim our homeland.
- King Varian Wrynn says: Well, it is good that things have turned out... better for you and your people, . But not all of us have the luxury of up and moving our kingdom.
- Prophet Velen says: And those that did know how dangerous these earthquakes can be. To this day, the Exodar is still shaking from our rather abrupt arrival.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: I'm not certain we could organize our people to move even if we wanted to. We've also received word of hostile elementals appearing randomly across the lands, sometimes in towns, sometimes across the countryside. Moving may not be an option.
- King Magni Bronzebeard says: Well, there is at least a wee bit of good news... no offense, Gelbin. The shaking seems to have stirred up The Earthen Ring. Even the Wildhammer shaman have offered their help.
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: Perhaps these events are also what have brought forth the Highborne from Shen'dralar.
- Prophet Velen says: It seems as if this world is coming apart at the seams. I've seen these symptoms before, on Draenor... We may not be able to stop this. Fleeing may be our best option.
- King Varian Wrynn says: Fleeing is not an option I wish to entertain at this point. We will find another way. Perhaps these tablets from Ulduar will shed some light on our situation.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Hopefully we can get these answers quickly. The people are frightened, and cultists are taking advantage of that fear.
- King Varian Wrynn says: These cultists only exacerbate the problem. The preach the end of the world, or that the world is having birthing pains... Hyperbole that is hard for the populace to ignore.
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: Troubling times indeed. Fear of the unknown makes people do foolish things.
- High Tinker Mekkatorque says: And our lack of answers only fuels the confusion.
- King Magni Bronzebeard says: All the more reason we need to reach the bottom of this. This tablet from Ulduar will lead us in the right direction. Brann is sure of it. And if Brann is certain, then I am certain.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: I've made it a point to not argue with a dwarf when it comes to the earth. If the Bronzebeards are sure this tablet will help solve the earth's problems, then by all means we should support them.
Quest progression Edit
Patches and hotfixes Edit
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Added.