- Tahet Freed
A spot on the southern end of the map was marked with hieroglyphs of crocodiles fighting each other.
I thank you for what you've done, <name>. You can count on my vote when High Council convenes.
You will receive:
You will also be able to choose one of the following:
Fly west across the mouth of the delta to reach the Pit of Scales at the other end of the delta. There is Tahet, in bad shape. Talk to him.
- Caimas the Pit Master yells: I'm afraid your friend won't be waking up any time soon. I always sedate my croc's food. I hate to see them struggle with their meal.
- Caimas the Pit Master yells: But perhaps I will make an exception for you. Let the crocs out! IT'S FEEDING TIME!
- One croc spawns.
- Caimas the Pit Master yells: Bah! Mere luck! My pets will make mincemeat out of you yet!
- Two crocs spawn.
- Caimas the Pit Master yells: Enough! I grow tired of you!
- Caimas joins the fight.
When he is eventually killed, Tahet wakes up:
- Tahet says: I... *cough* I owe you my life, stranger. Thank you.
Objective complete, fly back up to the Akhenet Fields to speak with Vizier Tanotep.
Caimas is a level 83 elite with ~644,000 health. This is a fight based primarily on kiting. Have him run over Croc Eggs, which are scattered around the perimeter and in the pit, to slow him down and deal some damage over time. Keep running him over croc eggs as the "Tiny Teeth!" debuff he is afflicted with does not last forever... Caimas has no other moves outside of basic melee, which hits for ~4-4.5k on plate, upwards of 6k on cloth.
This fight is primarily about patience. Be careful when kiting him; if you go too far outside the perimeter of the Pit, you may aggro the , who will then join the attack. Also, don't run over the eggs yourself, as you will then be afflicted. Caimas is affected by slowing attacks as well, such as a shunter's or a mage's , so use them wisely just as the debuff from the eggs wears off. If you are a pet class, be sure to set your pet to passive, otherwise Caimas will waste time stopping to kill them rather than chase you.
2011-12-30: There is a bug where regardless of what you do, as soon as the target has run over some eggs, you will shortly be hit either once, or repeatedly, by a "daze" from some crocs, and then all your life will disappear and you'll be dead. This may even happen if you did not pull the target and just happened to have landed nearby while someone else had pulled the target. This effectively makes this quest impossible to complete alone.
Quest progression Edit
- High Priest:
- High Commander
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.