The cult isn't just spreading fear and paranoia anymore. Now, I'm receiving reports of missing people. Mothers, fathers, brothers, and sisters have seeming disappeared, but I have a feeling they can be found in one of the cult's camps outside the city. If I give you the names of some of the missing people, would you try to locate them in the cultist camp at Mirror Lake Orchard? It's southwest of the city gates. To blend in, you'll need to join the cult and get a robe from one of the doomsayers in Old Town.
Have you encountered any of the missing people?
So you found them? Why did the missing men and women not return with you?
<You tell the captain that they seemed determined to stay for various reasons.>
Then we cannot force them to come home. I can only hope that in time, the cultists will realize the harm their actions have caused and decide to return to their normal lives.
Thank you for your efforts, <name>. I will tell the families what you found.
Pick up before heading out. Head to Old Town and pick up a Recruit's Robe, then exit Stormwind and take a right heading southwest to reach Mirror Lake Orchard, just across Mirror Lake. Look for the four named cultists.
- Snooping around here won't help you much, friend. You can find out more about us from our members in the city.
- I am on the path to ascension, <name>. There is no going back. Tell my family that I wish them well, and I will be here if they decide to join me.
- Have you come to bother us, outsider?
- I can't go back, not after the horrible fight I just had with them. I'm sorry, <name>. I just can't.
- Have you come here to bother us? We only want to be left alone.
- I cannot return. Now that I've learned the truth, my place is here among my new brothers and sisters.
- This is no place for outsiders, stranger. Go back to Stormwind.
- Why should I return, <name>? The world is ending and I have a chance to become something more. If their paths lead them to truth, as mine did, then we will see each other again. If not, I cannot open their eyes.
Quest progression Edit
Patches and hotfixes Edit
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Added.