|The Light of Dawn|
Requires Level 55
or 989 at Level 110
|Reputation||+3000 Knights of the Ebon Blade|
|Rewards||6 bonus talents|
Defeat the forces of the Argent Dawn and uncover the Light of Dawn.
- The Light of Dawn Uncovered
The mighty armies of the stand at the ready as the final battle for the Plaguelands approaches. Today we ascend into the immortal realm of Scourge heroes!
Are you prepared, death knight?
<Highlord Mograine nods.>
There will be no atonement for us, <name>. We are forever damned to walk the earth as monsters. While the Lich King may have loosed his grip upon us, the specters of the past will forever haunt our memories.
We must make amends in the only way we know how: Death...
- This is what essentially amounts to a death knight Battle of Thermopylae. 300 defenders of the Light, led by the Argent Dawn leaders Duke and Lord , face off against ten thousand Scourge, led by Highlord Mograine and the player (or players, if there is a group on the same quest).
- At the start of the battle, death knights receive a buff called The Might of Mograine, which increases their damage, health and health regeneration - allowing them to combat the defenders of the Light (who are all elites).
- Before you do this quest you might want to drop off any Crusader's skulls to get what Noth's Special Brew you can from the plague cauldron. After this, you can't do it, and the potion is one of the very few items that restores runic power.
Quest dialogue Edit
During the battle, Mograine and others shout orders, and interact in the battle. Koltira Deathweaver flanks Darion's left, while Thassarian flanks his right, and Orbaz Bloodbane brings up the immediate rear. The event lasts for approximately ten minutes. Once you start the event, a five minute timer will count down until the battle begins.
- Three minutes left:
Highlord Darion Mograine yells: Soldiers of the Scourge, stand ready! Prepare to unleash your fury upon the Argent Dawn!
- Two minutes left:
Highlord Darion Mograine yells: The sky weeps at the glorious devastation of these lands! Soon, Azeroth's futile tears will rain down upon us!
- The battle for Light's Hope Chapel has begun!
Highlord Darion Mograine yells: Death knights of Acherus, the death march begins!
Highlord Darion Mograine yells: Soldiers of the Scourge, death knights of Acherus, minions of the darkness: hear the call of the Highlord!
Highlord Darion Mograine yells: RISE!
- Thousands of Scourge rise up at the Highlord's command.
Highlord Darion Mograine yells: The skies turn red with the blood of the fallen! The Lich King watches over us, minions! Leave only ashes and misery in your destructive wake!
- The army charges towards Light's Hope Chapel.
yells: Scourge armies approach!
yells: Stand fast, brothers and sisters! The Light will prevail!
- As the battle rages, Darion will say any of the following:
- Highlord Darion Mograine says: Spare no one!
- Highlord Darion Mograine says: Kneel before the Highlord!
- Highlord Darion Mograine yells: Rise, minions! Destroy them!
- Highlord Darion Mograine says: Power... wanes...
- Highlord Darion Mograine says: OBEY ME, BLADE!
- Highlord Darion Mograine says: Ashbringer defies me...
- Highlord Darion Mograine says: Minions, come to my aid!
- Highlord Darion Mograine says: You will do as I command! I am in control here!
- Highlord Darion Mograine says: What is this?! My... I cannot strike...
- Highlord Darion Mograine says: I... I cannot... The blade fights me...
- After over a hundred Defenders of the Light fall, arrives from the south, riding what appears to be an armored Mirador. As he rides into the battle, powerful bolts of lightning strike down every Scourge-aligned creatures that aren't a death knight.
Highlord Tirion Fordring yells: You cannot win, Darion!
Orbaz Bloodbane flees.
Highlord Tirion Fordring yells: Bring them before the chapel!
Highlord Darion Mograine kneels in defeat before Tirion Fordring.
- Koltira and Thassarian kneel in the same formation with Darion.
Highlord Darion Mograine says: Stand down, death knights. We have lost. The Light... this place... no hope...
Highlord Tirion Fordring says: Have you learned nothing, boy? You have become all that your father fought against! Like that coward, , you allowed yourself to be consumed by the darkness, the hate... feeding upon the misery of those you tortured and killed!
Highlord Tirion Fordring says: Your master knows what lies beneath the chapel. That is why he dares not show his face! He's sent you and your death knights to meet their doom, Darion.
Highlord Tirion Fordring says: What you are feeling right now is the anguish of a thousand lost souls! Souls that you and your master brought here! The Light will tear you apart, Darion!
Highlord Darion Mograine says: Save your breath, old man. It might be the last you ever draw.
Highlord Alexandros Mograine says: My son! My dear, beautiful boy!
Highlord Darion Mograine says: Father!
Highlord Darion Mograine says: Argh... what... is...
- Darion falls to one knee, and a shade of his past appears in front of him.
Darion Mograine says: Father, you have returned!
- Young Darion walks up to Alexandros.
Darion Mograine hugs his father.
Darion Mograine says: You have been gone a long time, Father. I thought...
Highlord Alexandros Mograine says: Nothing could have kept me away from here, Darion. Not from my home and family.
Darion Mograine says: Father, I wish to join you in the war against the undead. I want to fight! I can sit idle no longer!
- Tirion walks up until about two steps behind Highlord Darion's right shoulder, watching the memory play out.
Highlord Alexandros Mograine says: Darion Mograine, you are barely of age to hold a sword, let alone battle the undead hordes of Lordaeron! I could not bear losing you. Even the thought...
Darion Mograine says: If I die, Father, I would rather it be on my feet, standing in defiance against the undead legions! If I die, let me die with you!
Highlord Alexandros Mograine says: My son, there will come a day when you will command the Ashbringer and, with it, mete justice across this land. I have no doubt that when that day finally comes, you will bring pride to our people and that Lordaeron will be a better place because of you. But, my son, that day is not today.
Highlord Alexandros Mograine says: Do not forget...
The Lich King yells: Touching...
The Lich King says: He is mine now...
- Highlord Darion Mograine becomes himself again... and is now angry.
Highlord Darion Mograine yells: You... betrayed me. You betrayed us all, monster! Face the might of Mograine!
- Darion charges blindly at the Lich King, who in turn swats him away. Darion lands hard on his feet some distance away, falling to one knee.
The Lich King says: Pathetic...
Highlord Tirion Fordring says: You're a damned monster, Arthas!
- The Lich King lets out a low, evil chuckle.
The Lich King says: You were right, Fordring. I did send them in to die. Their lives are meaningless, but yours...
The Lich King says: How simple it was to draw the great Tirion Fordring out of hiding. You've left yourself exposed, paladin. Nothing will save you.
- The Lich King casts a spell on Tirion, weakening him. Tirion falls to one knee; it is all he can do to keep from collapsing.
Highlord Tirion Fordring gasps for air.
Lord Maxwell Tyrosus yells: ATTACK!!
The Lich King yells: APOCALYPSE!
- The Lich King begins casting Apocalypse, a powerful spell which kills the Defenders and knocks back the others.
Highlord Darion Mograine says: That day is not today...
Highlord Darion Mograine yells: Tirion!
- Darion stands up and throws the Corrupted Ashbringer to Tirion. The blade whirls through the air, tip over pommel, and Tirion catches it.
Highlord Darion Mograine collapses.
- Tirion becomes awash with the Light, and Ashbringer is cleansed.
Highlord Tirion Fordring yells: ARTHAS!!!!
The Lich King yells: What is this?
Highlord Tirion Fordring yells: Your end.
- Tirion charges towards the Lich King, Ashbringer in hand and strikes. Arthas is injured, but manages to leap back before more damage can be done to him.
The Lich King yells: Impossible...
The Lich King yells: This... is not over!
The Lich King yells: When next we meet, it won't be on holy ground, paladin.
- The Lich King teleports. Tirion runs over to where Darion fell, and heals him with Lay On Hands. Darion rises to remain kneeling.
Highlord Tirion Fordring says: Rise, Darion, and listen...
- Tirion walks away from Darion for a distance (a few steps near Thassarian), then turns to face him.
Highlord Tirion Fordring says: We have all been witness to a terrible tragedy. The blood of good men has been shed upon this soil! Honorable knights, slain defending their lives -- our lives!
Highlord Tirion Fordring says: And while such things can never be forgotten, we must remain vigilant in our cause!
Highlord Tirion Fordring says: The Lich King must answer for what he has done, and must not be allowed to cause further destruction in our world.
Highlord Tirion Fordring says: I make a promise to you now, brothers and sisters: the Lich King will be defeated! On this day, I call for a union.
Highlord Tirion Fordring says: The Argent Dawn and the Order of the Silver Hand will come together as one! We will succeed where so many before us have failed!
Highlord Tirion Fordring says: We will take the fight to Arthas, and we will tear down the walls of Icecrown!
Highlord Tirion Fordring yells: The Argent Crusade comes for you, Arthas!
- Darion stands.
Highlord Darion Mograine says: So too do the Knights of the Ebon Blade. Although our kind has no place in your world, we will fight to bring an end to the Lich King. This I vow!
- Light washes over the chapel — the Light of Dawn is uncovered.
Quest progression Edit
-  & 
-  , 
-  or