Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The Forgotten Tale|
or 12179 at Level 110
|Reputation||+250 Valiance Expedition|
+250 Argent Crusade
- Forgotten Peasant Questioned
- Forgotten Rifleman Questioned
- Forgotten Knight Questioned
- Forgotten Footman Questioned
The toxins in the murkweed elixir will render you unconscious. So powerful is the effect of the murkweed that even your spirit will be fooled, allowing you to temporarily enter the world of the dead.
Once a spirit, you must speak to the ghostly denizens of the Forgotten Shore. Seek out the cause of their anguish and return to me.
Remember, <name>, these spirits were once Alliance soldiers. Treat them with respect, honor and dignity.
Now, with elixir in hand, venture south to the Forgotten Shore.
I have enough murkweed to make more elixirs, <name>.
<Orik's eyes fill with tears.>
They don't know. None of them know! They think Arthas to be some great hero, when in truth it was Arthas who ordered the ships burned. It was Arthas who left us all for dead in this frozen wasteland!
Not all of the soldiers from the Prince's fleet perished in the freezing winter. I was only a lad when I was given a chance to battle the Scourge... to save our home from certain destruction. I took that chance, <name>.
Find a safe spot above the shoreline and use the elixir; you will cast Death's Door, and gain "Binding Life: Spirit form. This effect only functions at the Forgotten Shore", which lasts for ten minutes. This will also summon a copy of your 'corpse' called the Forgotten Soul. Night elf players will not become wisps, but rather a ghostly version of themselves as all other races normally experience. You don't have to return to this spot when Binding Life ends, but it is likely a good spot to avoid anything living in the forest and the hostile-to-the-living ghosts on the shore. With the effect active, you can still use mounts. The only ghosts you can't see are the Forgotten Captain gryphon riders, but you can hear them at the right places.
When you speak with a certain NPC type, they will say any of the following:
- Can't you see that I'm busy! We'll never have this base ready in time for the Prince's return!
- If it weren't for those damned beasts burning our ships, we'd have been home by now. Now leave me alone so I can get back to work!
- I don't know what could be takin the young prince so long, but I don't think we can hold out for much longer. The cold is gettin' to some of the soldiers.
- Those damned peasants need to work faster! I wanna get back home to Ironforge. I surely do miss my wife and children.
- The cap'n says that as soon as Prince Arthas returns we'll be on our way back to Lordaeron.
- Rage. That's how I can sum up my feelings towards this whole mess. We worked our fingers to the bone trying to get through the woods to the shore only to find that we were too late. Our only way home had been destroyed.
- When we saw that the ships had been burned by those savage beasts our hearts sank. Never have I felt so helpless...
- Despite the hardships we've had to go through in this wasteland, I believe that the young prince will see us to victory. I pray each night for his safety.
- Arthas and Muradin have been gone a long time. I hope they aren't in danger.
- We'll never get these ships ready in time. The winter comes and with it our doom. I fear that the young prince has damned us all.
- <Forgotten footman shakes his head.>
- We can't keep this up, friend. If Prince Arthas doesn't return soon we will all perish.
When near a peasant, you may also hear a Forgotten Captain call out:
- Forgotten Captain says: Look alive, peasant! We've got to get these structures back up!
- Forgotten Captain says: Don't you wanna go home, peasant? These things aren't gonna rebuild themselves!