As you touch the gem, a deep voice resonates in your mind.
"Mortal, heed this plea. I am Eranikus of the Green Dragonflight, keeper of this accursed temple. My charge to ensure that the trolls never again bring forth their abomination of a god has for now ended in failure. As I imbue this gem with part of my essence, I sense my grip on the Dream twisting into chaos. Please - place this gem into the essence font in my lair, and let our magic there purge the taint from my psyche so that I may rest."
As you near the Essence Font that Eranikus told you of, his voice once again touches your mind.
"Yes mortal, this Essence Font will redeem what untainted element of my psyche remains imbued in this gem. Place the gem inside the font, and let the magic of the Green Dragonflight cleanse the corruption and taint from my being. Only then will I find true release, and only then will the Dragonflight be able to reassert their stewardship over the Atal'ai."
You place the gem inside the Essence Font.
"Thank you mortal, you have - no... this, this cannot be! No! The corruption of this accursed god even taints the sanctity of a Green Dragonflight Essence Font! No please, I feel my essence ripping from me! THE PAIN! I feel the grip of an eternal nightmare taking hold on me..."
"Mortal, I implore you! Find one of the Green Dragonflight to stop this... help me... I am chained in darkness... forever in agony... please do not torture..."
- The Essence Font can be found in the same room as Eranikus.
Additional Notes Edit
- The reward is a trinket that creates a poisonous cloud around the character. Any enemy caught in the cloud will be poisoned for 45 seconds. This is very useful against rogues since it prevents them from using their Vanish ability.
- This quest chain seems to end very abruptly. Blizzard representatives have hinted that the quest chain is not complete and will be extended later.
- The next step in the chain directs you to Itharius in the Swamp of Sorrows (coord 13,72). He will give you the Oathstone of Ysera's Dragonflight which starts the next step.
- The next step also requires you to turn in the Chained Essence of Eranikus. Many people abandon the quest chain before that because they feel the reward from the rest of the chain does not outweigh the benefits of the trinket.