Quest givers Edit
The following NPCs offer this quest:
- <Grand Champion of the Undercity>
- <Grand Champion of Thunder Bluff>
- <Grand Champion of Orgrimmar>
- <Grand Champion of Sen'jin>
- <Grand Champion of Silvermoon>
Curse that death knight for breaking my sword!
Bring it to the center of Winter's Breath Lake in northern Howling Fjord, and use it to free the maiden[42, 19] encased in ice. She is the guardian of an ancient sword and will award it to whoever frees her.
Prove your worth and earn the weapon that she has guarded for so long, <name>.
Did you win the blade?
The blade is as fine as the stories say. It would seem there's little reason to complete the repairs on my costumary blade. Winter's Edge is far superior and I will continue to carry it. You have my thanks, <name>.
The Crystal Vice is at the northern edge of Dragonblight bordering Crystalsong Forest. Lord Everblaze is situated just to the east of the path coming out of Dragonblight high up on the ridge at [54.8, 75.0]. He drops the Everburning Ember.
Take the Ember to northern Howling Fjord. Players with slower flying mounts may want to take connecting flight paths to Camp Winterhoof or Fort Wildervar. Winter's Breath Lake is the lake south of Gjalerbron and Camp Winterhoof. On a floating patch of ice at the center of the lake ([42.2, 19.7]) is the Maiden of Winter's Breath Lake, a frost nymph encased in a block of ice. Use the Ember to free her from the Curse of Ice and retrieve Winter's Edge.
- Maiden of Winter's Breath Lake says: Thank you, mortal, for freeing me from this curse. I beg you, take this blade.
- Maiden of Winter's Breath Lake says: It has brought me naught but ill. Mayhap you can find someone who will contain its power.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Added.
Quest progression Edit
-  and complete the daily quests listed below to earn enough to continue. (15 seals at 5 per day)
- Players will be offered one of these quests based on their race:
-  and complete the daily quests listed below to earn enough to continue. (25 seals at 5 per day)
After completing "", the following quests open up allowing players to repeat the valiant stage of daily quests (steps six and seven) for the other factions with which they have not yet earned the right to champion: