|The Edge of Winter|
or 13229 at Level 100
|Reputation||+250 The Silver Covenant|
The Ironforge grand champion's squire told me an intriguing story.
South of here, overlooking the exit to the Crystal Vice, you will find Lord Everblaze. Kill him, take his everburning ember, and use it to set the maiden free. Prove your worth and earn the weapon that she has guarded for so long, <name>.
Did you win the blade?
The blade is as fine as the squire said it would be, but where did he find out about it? No matter; it will serve its new owner well. Perhaps it's only fair that Ironforge's grand champion be the one to wield it.
The Crystal Vice is at the northern edge of Dragonblight bordering Crystalsong Forest. Lord Everblaze is situated just to the east of the path coming out of Dragonblight high up on the ridge at [54.8, 75.0]. He drops the .
Take the Ember to northern Howling Fjord. Players with slower flying mounts may want to take connecting flight paths to Camp Winterhoof or Fort Wildervar. Winter's Breath Lake is the newly named lake south of Gjalerbron and Camp Winterhoof. On a floating patch of ice at the center of the lake ([42.2, 19.7]) is the Maiden of Winter's Breath Lake, a frost nymph encased in a block of ice. Use the Ember to free her from the Curse of Ice and retrieve .
- Maiden of Winter's Breath Lake says: Thank you, mortal, for freeing me from this curse. I beg you, take this blade.
-  and complete the daily quests listed below to earn enough to continue. (15 seals at 5 per day)
- Players will be offered one of these quests based on their race:
-  and complete the daily quests listed below to earn enough to continue. (25 seals at 5 per day)
After completing "", the following quests open up allowing players to repeat the valiant stage of daily quests (steps six and seven) for the other factions with which they have not yet earned the right to champion:
Patches and hotfixesEdit
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Added.