Achieve victory in the Battle for Gilneas City.
- Battle for Gilneas City complete
The time has come, <name>. We've rallied and armed every available Gilnean.
It is time to meet the enemy head on. Time to settle the score with and her Forsaken dogs once and for all.
You have a crucial role to play in this as well. Take this rapier. Use it to inspire our men and women in combat. Speak to to take part in the battle for Gilneas City.
We've driven the Forsaken back. We hold three out of the four districts.
But at what cost...
You will receive:
You will also be able to choose one of the following:
- Being near a leader of the battle (Liam, Genn, or Darius) will buff players with "Soldier of the Battle for Gilneas City", improving morale and restoring 73-74 health a tick.
- At bare minimum it is suggested that players use the cannon in the fight with the abominations and the damaged catapult in the fight with Gorerot. This is to prevent the event from bugging and making the quest incapable of completing.
- If Lorna is not within the building after the event runs its course, it is likely she died in the fighting. Players will need to wait until she respawns at the quest turn-in location.
- If the quest is unable to be completed despite the above, be sure to put in a ticket to a Game Master. They often will assist players in this kind of issue.
- Krennan Aranas yells: It's time to join the fray, <name>! With you on our side the scales will surely tip in our favor!
Talk to Krennan:
The event starts when the first player talks to Krennan. Like most phased battles (such as / , , ), Liam gives other players a few minutes to start the quest before he will leave the area to start the fight. Should players accept the quest after the event has already started and the combat has begun, talk to Krennan for a free teleport to the party's location.
- Prince Liam Greymane yells: The Forsaken think we're weak. A broken people. They think we'll roll over like a scared dog.
- Prince Liam Greymane yells: How wrong they are. We will fight them in the fields until the last trench collapes and the last cannon is silenced.
- Prince Liam Greymane yells: We will fight them on the streets until the last shot is fired. And when there's no more ammunition, we'll crush their skulls with the stones that pave our city.
- Prince Liam Greymane yells: We will fight them in the alleys, until our knuckles are skinned and bloody and our rapiers lay in the ground shattered.
- Prince Liam Greymane yells: And if we find ourselves surrounded and disarmed... wounded and without hope... we will lift our heads in defiance and spit in their faces.
- Prince Liam Greymane yells: But we will... NEVER SURRENDER!!!!!
- Prince Liam Greymane yells: FOR GILNEAS!!!
- Liam leads the charge over the bridge into the merchant district, swarmed with and . Clearing the district will spawn the . The party then heads toward the military district.
- Prince Liam Greymane yells: Abominations are blocking the way toward the military district! This won't be easy.
- Lorna and the Emberstone villagers roll in some cannons from around the corner.
- Lorna Crowley yells: The villagers were thankful to have Emberstone back. They brought us a little something to help against the Forsaken.
- Prince Liam Greymane yells: You're a sight for sore eyes, Lorna. Let's get those cannons manned. The rest of you, lure the abominations into the open.
- Get in the cannon and blow up the abominations. Once the path is cleared, head to the jail.
- Prince Liam Greymane yells: Crowley's troops are up ahead! Press on!
- Gorerot yells: Gorerot crush puny worgen!!
- At the jail, Darius Crowley and his worgen run in to meet , a flesh beast boss with 90,000 health. Hop in the catapults to deal immense damage, but they're on fire and won't last long, so make the shots count.
- Lord Darius Crowley yells: He's too strong! Use the catapults to bring him down!
- Gorerot dies.
- Lord Darius Crowley yells: Let us join your father's force, Liam. They'll need our help against Sylvanas.
- Run to Greymane square, where Sylvanas and some elite banshees await. Sylvanas has 27,600 HP.
- King Genn Greymane yells: Block their retreat, Liam! We've got them right where we want them!
- King Genn Greymane yells: SYLVANAS!!
- Genn heroic leaps at her. Clear the trash around her and the two banshees, then focus on Sylvanas. Once she gets down to 25% health, she'll do a massive knockback and stun everybody.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner yells: Enough!
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner yells: Let's see how brave Gilneas gets on without its stubborn leader!
- Prince Liam Greymane yells: FATHER!!!
- Liam jumps in front of the bowshot, protecting his father from certain doom.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: Such a waste. That arrow's poison was not meant to be wasted on your whelp. We'll meet again, Genn!
- King Genn Greymane yells: LIAM!! NO!!!
- Sylvanas runs off. The stun fades and Genn runs over to Liam, cradling him in his arms.
- Prince Liam Greymane says: We did it, father...
- Prince Liam Greymane says: We took back our city... we took back...
- Liam dies.
Head inside the building to the north of the courtyard where the fight took place to find Lorna, in shock.
Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added