|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.1.
Completing The Art of the Armorsmith grants a blacksmith the specialization of Armorsmith. It is highly useful to complete the Mithril Order quest chain quest chain, to acquire the plans needed to forge the items this quest requires.
This quest becomes available once you talk to Myolor Sunderfury and declare you want to become an armorsmith.
Quest text Edit
So ye made the smart decision.
There ain't no love lost betwixt me an old Ironus here. That good for nothing toy maker knows who the true craftsmen round here be.
The truly great wars are won with a good defense. When it be go time, no offense is gonna be helping ye out.
Right, so let's get to work. All ye need to do is show me that ye've got some raw talent. After that, I'll yank whatever impurities be left in ye and mold ye into an armorsmith. Ye do know how to make ornate mithril, don't ye?
Ah, ain't nothing like a good forge tan. Ye can tell who's got the really good tans by their apron lines.
This be it, <name>. After this, there ain't no way to turn back. It's not too late to become a toy maker, er, weaponsmith.
I trust ye'll make the right decision.
- 3150 XP
- You will become an Armorsmith.
- You do not need to have completed the Mithril Order quest chain quest chain to have access to this quest. However, that quest chain gives you access to all the recipes you need, to complete this quest. Hank the Hammer in Stormwind starts that chain for Alliance members.
- You do not need to make the required items yourself, you merely have to present them to the quest giver to turn them in.
Shopping list Edit
- Ornate Mithril Helm *4
- Ornate Mithril Boots *2
- Ornate Mithril Breastplate *1
Total for this quest alone:
- 108 Mithril Bars
- 18 Truesilver Bars
- 7 Solid Grinding Stones or 28 Solid Stones
- 8 Thick Leather
- 2 Aquamarine
- 1 Heart of Fire