- Tie off the Seahorse lure
- Subdue an Abyssal Seahorse
If you are going to be making it anywhere in this kelp forest, you will need a reliable mount. I think that I have spotted something that might work, friend.
Tie off a lure at the rope just west of us, and then mount the seahorse that it will attract.
Be warned, you may need to work hard to break the beast.
The grace of these creatures is astounding. They will make the perfect mounts.
Amazing! You look exhausted. She must have really made you work for it.
Life should be a lot more easier down here going forward with a mount that swift at your beckoning. Congratulations, <name>!
You will receive:
- After accepting the quest, head about 10 yards to the northwest to the ledge[45.4, 46.7] near the rift and use the Braided Rope. The lure will swim off into the Lightless Reaches, attracting a seahorse. Swim up to it and hop on.
- Hold on to the seahorse as it takes a tour around the Kelp'thar Forest by either swinging left, right, and holding on tight as prompted. Players start out at 100 grip and lose 20 grip each time they miss a prompted action.
- Rendel offers the next quest, .
- Erunak Stonespeaker says: Well done, <name>! I imagine your journeys beneath the waves will be much smoother from here out.
Patches and hotfixesEdit
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.