|Test at Sea|
Requires Level 68
or 72 at Level 110
|Reputation||250 The Hand of Vengeance|
- North Fleet Reservist Infected (16)
We've just received word of reinforcements coming to the aid of the Alliance forces. Their timing couldn't be better!
We're in sore need of test subjects and these North Fleet reservists will do nicely!
Take these plague vials with you and speak to Camille, the Bat Handler. Tell her you need to commandeer a riding bat for a special assignment for us.
Once you're at sea, drop the vials on the reinforcement fleet. I can't wait to see the results!
Hmmphh.... the reports from the field are.... not encouraging!
After this quest is turned in, Apothecary Ravien arrives to give a report on the bombing:
- Apothecary Ravien says: Reports from the test on the enemy fleet have come in, sir!
- Apothecary Lysander says: Excellent. What's the lowdown? Do we have a bodycount?
- Apothecary Ravien says: Well... the good news is that we forced the reinforcements to turn back.
- Apothecary Lysander says: Well, spit it out! What's the bad news?
- Apothecary Ravien says: The plague was not quite... fatal. However, reports of harmful effects include nausea, loss of equilibrium and severe stomach pain.
- Apothecary Lysander says: Severe stomach pain?
- Apothecary Lysander yells: SEVERE STOMACH PAIN?
- Apothecary Lysander says: We are the Royal Apothecary Society! Inducing belly aches is not part of our job description!
- Apothecary Lysander says: Am I surrounded by amateurs? I want a full analysis of the new strain by tomorrow morning! Get on it, Ravien!
- Apothecary Ravien says: Yes, sir!
Quest progression Edit
Continues in New Agamand with Chief Plaguebringer Harris
Continues in New Agamand with "Hacksaw" Jenny
- As of patch 3.3 (12-8-09) this quest is not possible to complete in the normal manner due to a bug. The associated quest item cannot be activated in the appropriate area. When clicking on the item, players will receive a message stating: "You need to be in The Sea Reavers Run." The bug has not been fixed on the recent patch 3.3a or after the maintenance of 12-15-09. The only currently known workaround is to either swim or fly on the character's personal flying mount to the named area, which is in Icecrown, and click the item to activate the targeting reticle, then return to Howling Fjord and drop the bomb, which is quite time consuming.
- Apparently, this bug was resolved with patch 3.3.2.