Bring the Tablets of the Earth to in Ironforge.
Some time ago, sent an urgent message from Ulduar. He said he'd found an ancient titan cache with mysterious and important relics. dispatched one of his fastest ships to Northrend to transport the courier. I was to meet him here and examine the tablets, but the courier is nowhere to be seen.
Magni is worried, <name>. I haven't heard anything about the courier's arrival. Would you be willing to travel to Stormwind Harbor and see if he's arrived?
Did you meet up with the courier?
Why would Twilight's Hammer take an interest in these tablets? Brann himself wrote that he hardly knows their significance, although he did mention something about becoming one with the earth. I will need to confer with my fellow Explorers' League scholars to decipher these as soon as possible.
Thank you, <name>. Without your aid, these tablets would've fallen into enemy hands.
This begins one of the Cataclysm prelude quest chains in phase two. Erunak offers it by the bank in Stormwind without any prerequisites. Pick up from him and from an Earthen Ring Emissary before heading out.
Do first, as it is simply a quest to turn in to Grayfeather in the Stormwind Keep, overlooking a war council of all of the Alliance leadership. Then head down to the harbor.
is down at [29.6, 48.2] by the waterline near the ship to Darnassus. Interact with him to start a script event!
- You must help me safeguard the Tablets of Earth. The Twilight's Hammer will not stop until they've taken the tablets...
- Courier Tormun says: Our ship from Northrend was attacked by the Twilight's Hammer! I don't know how they got aboard, but they killed everyone.
- Courier Tormun says: Using a crystal Brann sent with the tablets, I managed to protect myself and escape, but one of the attackers followed me!
- A Twilight Seeker flys in on a black drake!
- Twilight Seeker says: Turn over the tablets and I will allow you a quick death.
- Courier Tormun says: You will never get the tablets!
- Interact with the Mysterious Crystal to gain new abilities and use them to defend Courier Tormun!
After interacting with the crystal, players have access to the following abilities:
- 20 yd range—Destroys Watery Servants. Instant (3 sec cooldown)
- 20 yd range—Destroys Blazing Servants. Instant (3 sec cooldown)
- 20 yd range—Destroys Earthen Servants. Instant (3 sec cooldown)
Three portals will open up around Tormun, one to the south, one to the west, and one to the north, each spawning a random elemental. Use the appropriate abilities on their respective elementals to quickly take them out, as they cannot be attacked normally. Tormun is busy defending himself—he will not cast any attacks on his own—so take out the attacking elementals.
- The crystal has granted you new abilities! Use them to defeat the summoned elementals.
- Twilight Seeker says: Very well, dwarf, I shall slay you and carry the tablets to Cho'Gall.
- Twilight Seeker says: Elementals, I bid you come forth and slay slay this enemy of Twilight's Hammer!
- Twilight Seeker says: Continue the assault!
- Twilight Seeker says: Slay the courier!
- Twilight Seeker says: I will have those tablets!
- Twilight Seeker says: That cursed crystal! We will not give up so easily. We will have that tablet for our ascendants. Perhaps not today, but soon!
- Courier Tormun says: You've done it! You've saved the tablets. Hurry and bring them to Ironforge. I'll be along once I've had some time to recover.
Tormun drops the tablets on the ground. Loot them, then take the tram or fly to Ironforge. Belgrum is in the Library of the Hall of Explorers. Turn in, then run across Ironforge to the Commons, where Mylra awaits.
Quest progression Edit
Patches and hotfixes Edit
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Added.