Slay Ophelia, the Siren of the Highlands.
She's still out there... Ophelia, the Siren of the Highlands! Her terrible song will lure you to the depths. I've vowed to stay behind and avenge my fallen crewmates, <class>. If you want to join me, just say the word.
We'll lash ourselves to the mast, we will. We'll shut our eyes. We'll stuff our ears with wax. And when her beautiful illusion drops... we'll strike.
Are you in?
She had me under her spell, <name>. I wouldn't have made it out of there alive if it weren't for you. Thank you!
Maybe the rest of the Alliance fleet can finally anchor here in peace...
You will receive:
You will also be able to choose one of the following:
- As soon as players accept this quest from Ephram, Ophelia arrives just over the edge of the vessel looking like a night elf. The crew is hapless to stop her, succumbing to the illusion. They are killed in a violent explosion of magic as Ophelia reveals her true form, and then the players are free to engage her.
- This quest and associated rewards are a reference to Homer's Odyssey, specifically the part in the narrative where the hero, Odysseus, lashes himself to his ship's mast and fills his crew's ears with wax while passing near the sirens. The sirens had the power, through their beautiful music, to compel men to leap off their ships and drown. Odysseus wanted to hear their song, ordering his crew to refuse to untie him, no matter how much he begged.
- Ephram Hardstone says: Hold fast, <name>. This is for yer own protection.
Players are lashed to the mast with a giant net. Ophelia makes her appearance, looking like a beautiful night elf.
- Ephram Hardstone says: Here she comes. Oh, foul temptress of the sea...
- Ephram Hardstone says: Avert yer eyes! Don't look at her!
- says: She's beautiful...
- Ephram Hardstone says: Don't listen to her voice!
- Stranded Crewman says: Like an angel...
- Ephram Hardstone says: Don't look at her... ruby red... soft... sensual lips! Oh...
Ophelia reveals her true form, that of a naga sea witch, and slays the crewmen around her. Players are now free to engage her as she focuses her attack on Ephram.
- Ephram Hardstone says: There! She reveals herself. Attack!
- Ophelia says: You, too, shall serve!
Upon killing Ophelia, Ephram seems dazed.
- Ephram Hardstone says: Eh - what? Who? What's going on?
-  / 
-  (optional) / 
Patches and hotfixes Edit
Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.