Hop in Fiona's Caravan and ride to Northpass Tower.
- Ride Fiona's Caravan to Northpass Tower
This is my fault. I... I ignored his warnings, his complaints, everything. I couldn't help myself - I saw those Scourge just beyond the tower, and I... I HAD to go kill them.
Argus says that Gidwin was taken northwest, and that's our only lead, so that's where we'll head.
Northdale and the Argent Crusade be damned! We're getting Gidwin back from those Scourge trash.
We have no time, <name>! We must press on!
Time is wasting, <name>. Every minute we waste gives the Scourge another chance to kill Gidwin. If he isn't dead already.
Not that I think he is. Giddy may be a stick-in-the-mud, but when it comes down to it, he can swing the Light like a champion.
During the caravan ride
- The caravan begins its journey towards Northpass Tower, with Fiona and Argus Highbeacon sitting at the front and Tarenar Sunstrike and the hero sitting at the back.
- Tarenar Sunstrike yells: I can't believe I let Gidwin run off like that!
- Fiona says: It's not your fault, Tarenar. He ran off on his own will. None of us could stop him.
- Argus Highbeacon says: We can't be certain that he was killed. Maybe he just ran off somewhere.
- Tarenar Sunstrike yells: No, he'd never just leave his prayer book behind! He was always nose-deep in that book, studying.
- Tarenar Sunstrike says: He was always studying, always trying to get better.
- Argus Highbeacon says: Even more reason to believe that he's still alive.
- Argus Highbeacon says: A paladin like Gidwin makes a fine death knight. Any member of the Scourge powerful enough to defeat him would know that.
- Fiona yells: Really? That's great news!
- Fiona says: Well, actually, that's pretty bad news, but considering the alternatives...
- Argus Highbeacon says: If we're to find him, we're headed in the right direction. It's likely that he was taken to Stratholme, or potentially to the Plaguewood.
- Argus Highbeacon says: Both are places of great evil. This is the leg of my journey that I shun the most.
- Tarenar Sunstrike says: I'm not sure I'm ready to go in there alone.
- Fiona says: You're not alone, Tarenar. You've made allies along the way. And besides, you're a skilled paladin in your own right.
- Tarenar Sunstrike says: Me, skilled? No, no, Gidwin was the good paladin. He's the one who stayed up for hours every night practising...
- Fiona says: ...yet it was you that continually kept up with him. Without practise.
- Fiona says: I've watched both of you fight, Tarenar. You've got natural talent - more than Gidwin ever will.
- Argus Highbeacon says: Perhaps that's why he left without you.
- Tarenar Sunstrike says: What do you mean?
- Argus Highbeacon says: Perhaps he felt he needed to prove that he was as talented as you.
- Tarenar Sunstrike says: This is all my fault. I've got to go find him, to set things right.
- Argus Highbeacon says: I wouldn't say that it's your fault, Tarenar. But don't let that stop you from saving Gidwin.
- The caravan disembarks at the Northpass Tower.
Patches and hotfixes Edit
- Patch 4.0.3 (15-Nov-2010): Added.