|Mastery Of The Shield-Breaker|
or 6629 at Level 110
|Reputation||+75 The Silver Covenant|
You'll need to learn how to break through and opponent's defenses to succeed in mounted combat. Take this lance and mount the stabled Quel'dorei Steed just outside the pavilion.
Once you're mounted, seek out Valis Windchaser. He's on the northern edge of the tournament grounds at the training area east of the Aspirant's Ring. Valis will teach you the basics of using a ranged Shield-Breaker attack to make make a Ranged Target vulnerable.
Have you practiced using your Shield-Breaker?
Commit Valis's lesson to memory, <name>. It will mean the difference between winning and losing your mounted combat matches.
- Well. Another <class>, come to learn the ways of the Shield-Breaker?
- The ranged Shield-Breaker attack is simple to learn, but difficult to master. Alone it may seem weak, but in conjunction with Thrusts and Charges the Shield-Breaker makes a successful jouster.
- Find a Ranged Target. Take a moment to the Shield-Breakers range...How much space you need, and how far you can hurl the lance.
- After that? Well. Start throwing, and do not stop until you have broken every last layer of Defend and pierced the vulnerable target.
- This tactic will serve you well in actual mounted combat: Break down your opponent's defenses...and then crush them!
-  and complete the daily quests listed below to earn enough to continue. (15 seals at 5 per day)
- Players will be offered one of these quests based on their race:
-  and complete the daily quests listed below to earn enough to continue. (25 seals at 5 per day)
After completing "", the following quests open up allowing players to repeat the valiant stage of daily quests (steps six and seven) for the other factions with which they have not yet earned the right to champion:
Patches and hotfixesEdit
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Added.