|Lost in Battle|
Requires Level 14
or 690 at Level 100
- Find Mankrik's Wife
We battled in a small tauren camp when we were separated--she held three of the Bristlebacks off by herself. But the odds began to overwhelm us. I led some away only to see her overwhelmed by newcomers. In my rage, I turned to face my enemies, but they brought me down easily with their vast numbers.
Please, <class>, find some sign of my wife.
Have you found any sign of her at all? The pain in my chest tells me that the worst has happened, but I have hope you will find her safe and sound.
I understand. Thank you, <class>.
From the Crossroads, head south. You'll cross a bridge - on your map it's close to where a small trail leads south from Lushwater Oasis (Wailing Caverns) and meets the main road. From the bridge you'll see two huts off to the western side. In front of one of them lies a Beaten Corpse (Mankrik's Wife). Inspect it, then return to Mankrik.
- The body is that of a female orc warrior.
- It is clear that she died in battle, probably against the quilboar in the area.
- You turn the body over and see the marks from blades and spells upon the deceased orc -- her armor all but destroyed, her hair matted to her face.
- Based on Mankrik's description of her, there is no doubt in your mind that this was his wife.
- He will be upset by the news, but you are sure he should know the truth.