Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Start||Altruis the Sufferer|
|End||Altruis the Sufferer|
Requires Level 68
or 3750 at Level 110
Illidan's Pupil has the player listen to Altrius' story about Varedis.
Listen to Altruis's story.
After you have listened to Altruis' story, the yellow "?" will appear over his head for the next step.
You've proven your allegiance, <name>. You must forgive my caution, but in this world things are not what they appear.
I will tell you about Varedis when you're ready.
You know the story now. Only one thing remains to be done.
Conversation with Altruis Edit
- As a reward for his years of service, Illidan allowed Kael'thas to send him five warriors to train under him. It would be the first time blood elves would be allowed to train as demon hunters.
- The training was brutal. Illidan put Kael's warriors through trials that would defeat most fully capable demon hunters.
- Three of Kael's elves died in training - another went mad.
- One succeeded.
- Varedis was his name. To Illidan's surprise, not only did he succeed in the excruciating rites of passage that are part of the training: Varedis was already displaying better command over his powers than many veteran demon hunters.
- Illidan sensed the potential in Varedis and assigned three master demon hunters to train him further in their ways.
- Within a year of training under Illidan's best three demon hunters, Varedis had surpassed them.
- No longer content with the training they had to offer, Varedis infiltrated the Shadow Council where he learned of a powerful relic known as the Book of Fel Names. He secretly read from this book, committing each passage to memory.
- Knowledge of a demon's true name is rumored to give a certain amount of power over that demon.
- The Book of Fel Names is said to contain the true name of every demon ever to have existed. By memorizing the passages in the book, Varedis had found a source of power to rival Illidan's own drinking from the Skull of Gul'dan.
- At Illidan's request, Varedis now runs the training grounds at the Ruins of Karabor - along with the three masters that mentored Varedis.
- It is not surprising that a blood elf's potential for power as a demon hunter is so high. After all, the sin'dorei do not have the natural aversion to demonic magic that night elves do.
- However, I do not expect many to succeed. Most of them, Varedis included, pursue power for its own sake. That power will consume them, for they are not driven by the pure fire that burns inside a true demon hunter's heart.