|The subject of this article was either removed from World of Warcraft or is no longer available due to the devastating Cataclysm.
For the Alliance side of this quest, see  .
The Warchief needs you, champion. Orgrimmar is in a state of martial law. All merchants and services have been shut down as the Warchief prepares for an unavoidable conflict.
I cannot tell you much more - not now. Not in this place.
The Warchief commands that our strongest champions report to his throne room. Go now, <name>! Take the portal back to Orgrimmar and seek out Thrall.
Yes, the same Putress responsible for discovering the cure for the recent Scourge plague outbreak.
Those that would not side with their regime have been executed or banished. Sylvanas was nearly killed in the coup.
Upon completion of this quest you will gain:
- 20750 XP (or 9 96 at level 80)
- 250 reputation with Orgrimmar
- 63 reputation with Silvermoon City
- 250 reputation with Warsong Offensive
Using the portal that appears will teleport the player to Durotar outside the gates of Orgrimmar, where Forsaken Refugees are found in camps under supervision of Warsong Battleguards. Refugees are also found inside all over Orgrimmar.
The refugees will say any of the following:
- We've lost Undercity. Nothing but demons and Putress' apothecaries left there...
- Help us! Please!
- The Dark Lady fought off as many as she could, but in the end... I hope she survived. Please help!
- Overlord Runthak yells: SILENCE!
- Overlord Runthak says: We are on the brink of all out war with the Alliance!
- Overlord Runthak says: Tragic events have unfolded in Northrend. The Warchief is doing all that he can to keep us safe.
- Overlord Runthak says: All services and shops are to remain closed until further notice! That is all!
When entering the Grommash Hold, Lady Sylvanas Windrunner can be found kneeling in front of a pacing Thrall, when the room suddenly shakes and Lady Jaina Proudmoore emerges in front of a portal. The following can be heard as audible dialogue between the characters.
- Thrall says: Kor'kron, stand down!
- Thrall says: Jaina...
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Thrall, what has happened? The King is preparing for war...
- Thrall says: Jaina, what happened at the Wrathgate. It was a betrayal from within...
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: Lady Proudmoore, the Warchief speaks the truth. This subterfuge was set in motion by Varimathras and Grand Apothecary Putress. It was not the Horde's doing.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: As the combined Horde and Alliance forces begain their assault upon the Wrathgate, an uprising broke out in the Undercity. Varimathras and hordes of his demonic bretheren attacked. Hundreds of my people were slain in the coup. I barely managed to escape with my life.
- Thrall says: The Horde has lost the Undercity.
- Thrall says: We now prepare to lay siege to the city and bring in the perpetrators of the unforgivable crime to justice.
- Thrall says: Know this, Jaina: War with the Alliance is not in our best interests. If we are forced into a conflict, the Lich King will destroy our divided forces in Northrend.
- Thrall says: We will make this right, Jaina. Tell your king all that you have learned here.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: I will deliver this information to King Wrynn, Thrall, but...
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Bolvar was like a brother to him. In the King's absence, Bolvar kept the Alliance united. He found strength for our people in our darkest hours. He watched over Anduin, raising him as his own.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: I fear that the rage will consume him, Thrall. I remain hopeful that reason will prevail, but we must prepare for the worst... for war.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Farewell, Warchief. I pray that the next time we meet it will be as allies.
- Jaina takes the portal back to Stormwind City.
- Thrall says: Kor'kron, prepare transport to the Undercity.