|Start||Zelig the Visionary|
|End||Zelig the Visionary|
or 15389 at Level 100
|Reputation||+350 Valiance Expedition|
|Rewards||or or or|
- Secrets of the Past Revealed
They have labeled the cave as Frostmourne Cavern. Why the Scarlet Onslaught is interested by such things is unknown, but by the look of things, the area surrounding the cave is heavily guarded. Nonetheless, we must proceed.
Take this scrying orb and travel north out of town and then northwest towards Scarlet Point. Make your way to the cave and battle your way to the bottom. Once there, use the orb. Return here with what you discover.
Have you searched Frostmourne Cavern?
I need to consult the orb. There must be more information - somewhere!
As players step inside Frostmourne Cavern, they are buffed with "Haunting Memories: Surrounded by dark memories". Deep in the cavern, as patrol about, is Frostmourne Altar. Lying before it are three abandoned weapons: s, 's former weapon, to the left, and a one-handed axe and one-handed battlehammer to the right. The two one-handers appear to be of dwarven make, presumably 's. Take out the orb to activate Zelig's Vision.
- The walls of Frostmourne Cavern shudder and shake.
- An image of Arthas and Muradin appear standing before the altar, along with one of Frostmourne hovering above the altar, but with no visible ice.
- Prince Arthas says: Behold, Muradin, our salvation, Frostmourne.
- Murdadin steps close to the altar and kneels to read...
- Muradin says: Hold lad, There is an inscription on the dais. It's a warning. It says, "Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit." Oh, I should've known. The blade is cursed! Let's get the hell out of here!
- Muradin backs away.
- Prince Arthas says: I would gladly bear any curse to save my homeland.
- Muradin says: Leave it be, Arthas. Forget this business and lead your men home.
- Arthas takes a few steps toward the altar and turns to Muradin.
- Prince Arthas says: Damn the men! Nothing shall prevent me from having my revenge, old friend. Not even you.
- Arthas begins casting...
- Prince Arthas says: Now, I call out to the spirits of this place. I will give anything or pay any price, if only you will help me save my people.
- The ice shatters, striking down Muradin, who falls forward with weapons falling to the ground. Arthas, casting aside his hammer, steps forward and claims Frostmourne.
- Arthas runs a few strides from the altar toward the exit, stops to /roar, then continues running. On his way out, he does not see Muradin get to his feet. Muradin appears to be dazed.
- Muradin says: O' my head... Wh... Where am I?
- Muradin says: Who... Who am I?
- Leaving behind the weapons he does not remember owning, Muradin runs out of the cavern.