Objectives EditAcquire the Fire, Water, and Air Wards, and then slay Haethen Kaul[39.9, 62.1].
Did ya hear the blatherin' idiot while ye were up there? That's none other than Haethen Kaul, their leader.
The man's gon daft with power. He's pullin' it straight from them bound elementals, makin' him nigh invincible.
The only thing I can think of to get ye into a proper shape fer a fight with him is fer ye to first kill all o' them elementals, gettin' their wards. That should protect ye from Haethen's spells.
Well, most o' them anyway.
Did you hear the man going on with his incessant yelling while you were up there? That's Haethen Kaul, their leader.
It's a well known fact that he's gone insane from the power he's drawing from their bound elementals. Unfortunately, it makes him nigh invincible.
If you're to fight him, you'll first have to kill each of the elementals, gaining their wards in the process. That should protect you from Haethen's magic.
Well, most of it anyway.
Yer gonna have to do better than that, <laddie/lassie>!
Now get back up there an' finish the job or do I have ta go an' do it myself?
That's the ol' spirit! One less nasty in this world that the little ones will have ta worry about when they go ta sleep at night.
Not ta mention that we won't have ta be worring about him none no more neither!
Now let's see here. I think we have somethin' in our crates that'll make a fittin' reward fer ya.
You will receive:
- 17 20
- 54900 XP
You will also be able to choose one of the following:
Kaul can be found on the Twilight Terrace. He is a level 83 elite with 134,202 health and the following abilities:
- —Inflicts Fire damage to an enemy. Instant
- —Inflicts Water damage to an enemy. Instant
- —Inflicts Nature damage to an enemy. Instant
- —Inflicts Physical damage to an enemy. 1.76 sec cast. ~1200 Physical damage
- —Curses an enemy with agony, inflicting Shadow damage every 3 sec. over 15 sec. Only one curse per warlock can be active on any one target. Instant. 525 damage per 3 sec
- —Increases the time between an enemy's attacks by 25%, casting time increased by 25% and slows its movement by 25% for 6 sec. Instant .
- —~2800 on cloth.
Do not attempt him before killing the three bound elementals and gaining immunity to the fire, water and air spells. He will start off with a round from those three schools, then resort to spell-casting physical damage.
- Haethen Kaul yells: You will be destroyed!
- Haethen Kaul yells: My firebolt is useless! No matter you smug little insect. I will still destroy you!
- Haethen Kaul yells: What?! You're immune to my air magic?
- Haethen Kaul yells: You're immune to my water spell! How can this be?
Quest progression Edit
Patches and hotfixes Edit
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.