Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Encrusted Tail Fins|
Requires Level 28
or at Level 110
Encrusted Tail Fins is a neutral quest in which players are sent to the Vile Reef in Stranglethorn Vale to collect murloc fins, which Wizzle Brassbolts from the Mirage Raceway in Thousand Needles hopes to use to protect his racecar.
How to Get This Quest Edit
Other Quests in this Area Edit
-  - from Wizzle Brassbolts at the Mirage Raceway in Thousand Needles
-  - from Rigglefuzz in the Valley of Fangs in the Badlands
-  - from Kin'weelay at Grom'Gol in Stranglethorn Vale
-  - from Brother Nimetz at the Rebel Camp in Stranglethorn Vale
-  - from Catelyn the Blade at the inn in Booty Bay, in Stranglethorn Vale
The murlocs are located off the west coast of northern Stranglethorn Vale, almost directly west of Grom'gol Base Camp. The Saltscale murlocs drop the fins, and are located deep underwater. An underwater breathing potion (craftable by players with the alchemy profession or found in the Auction House) could be very useful for this and other Vile Reef quests.
- Saltscale Hunter level 35-36
- Saltscale Warrior level 35-36
- Saltscale Forager level 35-36
- Saltscale Oracle level 35-37
- Saltscale Tide Lord level 36-37
- Our rocket car is the fastest thing on the flats! So fast that ... I'm afraid friction is going to tear it apart!
- To prevent that I need to create a composite to coat the car's moving parts. It must be hard but not brittle, and must be resistant to salt corrosion, or time spent on the Shimmering Flats will eat it away.
- Have you heard of the Vile Reef, <name>? It's off the coast of Stranglethorn Vale. Saltscale murlocs live there, and their tail fins are a crucial ingredient of my composite.
You will receive:
- Do you have the tail fins? If I can't protect our car from its own speed, then it won't last long in these races.
- Thank you, <name>! After I grind these down and fuse them with a few other ingredients, the composite will be ready. And after that, the car will be safe from its own speed.
- Safe, as long as it doesn't hit anything...