Recover the Branch of Nordrassil from the Firelands.
I am duty-bound to look into your claims immediately, <race>, which means my mission here now must fall to you.
A surge of ancient magic, far too strong to have occurred naturally, drew me here. I have since discovered a most troubling development.
A bough from Nordrassil has been ripped from the tree and taken deep into the Firelands. There, a powerful ritual threatens to corrupt Nordrassil, consuming it in flame.
You must find a way to interrupt the ritual and reclaim the world tree's branch.
Were you able to recover Nordrassil's Bough, <class>?
You have done well, mortal.
You will receive:
- 28 20
- 104100 XP
- Around the edge of the area when fighting you must loot from the small dirt mounds around the platform. Gather three to create a s, then place this so it gets hit by his Concussive Stomp ability. Afterward you can loot the .
- For the encounter, can be looted from Obsidian Flecked Chitin, which spawn upon the death of a drone. As before, collect and combine three to create a s. Get to the top of her web and use this just before Beth'tilac unleashes her Smoldering Devastation. Run while she uses her ability, then get back to loot the .
- Next is . When a crystal trap is destroyed, players can loot an . Collect and combine three to create a . Use this when Shannox throws his spear (Hurl Spear), making sure it hits the focus. Then collect the . It is suggested that players use [49.8, 32.6] area for this to avoid terrain issues.
- The encounter requires you to collect , one lootable every time an egg hatches. Combine three for a s, then use this before she reaches 100 molten power and uses her Full Power ability. Loot your
- You will then take all four of your charged foci to the portal[27.3, 23.4] to the north of Beth'tilac's Lair and use them. Go through the portal to , where the branch will drop.
- Prior to the fight, players on the quest will receive a buff from the Tormented Protector, once they defeat him and he turns friendly.
- Upon looting the branch, players will receive a temporary title, <Blessed Defender of Nordrassil>, as well as a temporary buff by the same name that causes flowers to bloom under players' feet when they walk; both last for two hours.
Quest progression Edit
Patch changes Edit
Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Added.