Requires Level 58
or 5729 at Level 100
|Reputation||Cenarion Circle +500|
Once you have gathered the requested information, return to Commander Mar'alith.
Quest Text Edit
My dear Natalia has gone missing.
Truth be told, she had been acting strangely for weeks leading up to her disappearance. I had caught her talking to herself when no one was around on more than one occasion. She was adamant that everything was ok and that she must be allowed to continue her research.
She was last seen heading to Bronzebeard's camp to the south.
My soldiers are spread too thin, <name>. I need you to go to Bronzebeard's camp and question those dwarves.
Whether she is alive or dead, I must do what is right. She must be found. Alas, I am bound by duty to this outpost. Will you help me once more, <name>?
You will receive:
- 9550 XP
- +500 reputation with Cenarion Circle
-Starts the Emissary Roman'khan quest chain.
-The converation with the dwarves, beginning with Rutgar Glyphshaper:
- Bronzebeard's gone missing again! That dwarf sure didn't get any of his brother's good senses.
- You best have a seat then, this is gonna be a long one.
- When we initially arrived in Silithus, Mistress Mar'alith was the first of the night elves from Cenarion Hold to join the expedition. Our routine was nothing out of the ordinary: Form a party to venture into the various hives and search for lost artifacts.
- It sure is! Those hives were abuzz with various silithid that were none to happy to see us.
- Everything was going fine until we came across a glyphed crystal in Hive'Regal. She was drawn to it like a moth to a flame! She put her pretty little cheek up against the crystal and instantly entered a trance like state. Naturally, this worried my crew. We picked her up and carried her out of there with a quickness!
- We took her to the Commander with hopes that the druids of the Circle could fix her up. Sure enough, they were able to wake her up. We figured our business with the Circle was done and we could get back to work.
- A few weeks passed and everything was going fine. Brann was still around back then so we had a bit of order in our work structure. Then one day, out of the blue, she appeared back at our camp.
- Are you daft? Who else would I be talking about? Yes, the girl - Mistress Mar'alith. Anyhow, she was back and not in too good of a mood. That's when the demands started flowing.
- She demanded that we immediately head back to Hive'Regal! Brann would have none of that sass. He told her that there's no way we would go back into those hives without an army backing us up. It had gotten far too dangerous. The number of those stinking insects seemed to have tripled from when we first ventured into 'em.
- That's when Natalia lost it!
- What do you mean what do I mean? She went nutso! The girl went straight crazy on us. Now ordinarily I don't hit girls but after I recovered from the blackout, I was pretty damned angry. Brann, Rutgar, me and the monkey went positively orc on her! It's a miracle we were able to fend her off. She seemed almost possessed!
- Who knows? Anyhow, that was the last I saw of her. Maybe Frankal can give you better information.
- Not to steer off topic here as I'm sure the work you're doing for the Commander is important, but we're onto something huge here. HUGE! Our requests to Ironforge for an army have so far fallen on deaf ears. Apparently we're stretched too thin in protecting the realm or some such nonsense. Once you take your report back to the Commander, come back down here with some friends. We need your help!
The player then questions Frankal Stonebridge...
- Look up to the heavens, <class>. The Dragonflights have not been seen in this area for a thousand years! Those Qiraji are up to something, I just know it!
- Oh brother, not this again... Have a seat missy.
- I'm sure Rutgar has told you some of this story already so I'll spare you the boring details and get right down to the nitty gritty.
- Right then! So the Mistress had come back for a second go at the hives but Brann was having none of that nonsense! Before the melee began, she started talking to something or someone. Crazier still, she started chanting in a language none of us had ever heard.
- You're telling me! It's even stranger considering between Brann, Rutgar, me and the monkey, we know 38 different languages including a touch of Titan - both Vanir and Aesir.
- So anyways, whatever she was click clacking about, it definitely wasn't with anyone present. She then nodded and went on the offensive! Attacked us outright!
- Listen missy, I'll have you know that whatever attacked us was no priestess of nothin'! Her eyes were aglow with something evil and she was genuinely frothing at the mouth! She came in, did some kind of crazy scream that sent us all runnin' in separate directions and then started flayin' our minds one by one. I'd be hearin' shadowy words in my head, watchin' the other's periodically black out here and there. It was madness! We would have been done for if not for the damned monkey.
- What's there to ask? He's a monkey you crazy fool. Anyhow, so yea, the monkey went into a frenzy after seein' ol' Brann flop into the sand face first. Nothin' the night elf could do was stopping Glibb here from poundin' on her noggin.
- I'll tell you 'then what.' She went runnin' straight for the hive. And you know what's crazier? Not a single damned bug got in her way or tried to stop her. She ran through them all as if she'd be best friends with 'em for centuries.
- Patch 1.8.0 (10-Oct-2005): Added.