|Call of Duty|
Requires Level 80
or 13229 at Level 100
|Reputation||+250 Earthen Ring|
Ride the mercenary ship to battle.
- Ride the mercenary ship to Vashj'ir
As you may have heard, the Horde's attacking just offshore. The fighting's been fierce and relentless.
We need every able body out there repelling the enemy!
Report to the northernmost dock at once for transport to the battle.
Oh, and our official warships are... er, a bit late in their scheduled return. Don't worry though, we've commissioned mercenary vessels to serve in the meantime.
Hurry along now, <class>. Stormwind needs you!
Not exactly the battle you anticipated, I'll wager. But a battle nonetheless, as you shall soon see...
Accepting the quest instantly puts the player in a new phase in the harbor. Head to the dock that normally takes players to Borean Tundra. While in the new phase, the rest of the harbor NPCs disappear and a few sets of Stormwind recruits and soldiers talk while waiting for the ship:
- Recruit 1 says: Why must we ride to battle on a mercenary ship? Use to be that we'd kill pirates as soon as look at them.
- Soldier 1 says: See those ships in dock?
- Soldier 1 says: They're the only ones that have returned from battle, and they're being repaired.
- Soldier 1 says: I don't like it either, but it boils down to this...
- Soldier 1 says: We pay the mercs to get us out there or our troops get no reinforcements.
- Recruit 1 says: That makes sense, I suppose. Just doesn't feel right...
- Soldier 1 says: Welcome to the military, recruit.
- Recruit 2 says: Earthquakes every other day, a tearing up random pieces of the world, what's next?
- Soldier 2 says: Put all that out of your head, recruit.
- Soldier 2 says: I've been fightin' Horde for ten years now, and I've never seen it worse than this.
- Soldier 2 says: Just stay focused on the battle in front of us, or you won't live to worry about the rest.
- Recruit 2 says: Yessir.
- Soldier 3 says: I stopped by the park district on the way here. There's nothing left of it...
- Soldier 4 says: Aye. I was here when the dragon attacked.
- Soldier 4 says: He could've destroyed the entire city if he willed it. We were helpless to stop him.
- Soldier 3 says: What drove him off, then?
- Soldier 4 says: No idea. It made no sense...
- Soldier 4 says: He flew in, torched the park, then just flew off.
- Soldier 4 says: If you ask me, the beast is insane.
- Soldier 2 says: I think I can just make it out from here. Right on the edge of the horizon.
- Recruit 2 says: Make out what, exactly?
- Soldier 2 says: The new island - just surfaced after the last earthquakes.
- Soldier 2 says: It's what we're fighting for - on this front, at least.
- Recruit 2 says: Have you been there?
- appears walking toward the end of the dock.
- Soldier 2 says: This'll be my third time now.
- Soldier 2 says: Toughest fighting I've seen...
- Soldier 2 says: We lose that island to the Horde and Stormwind's as good as gone... and they know it.
- Captain Taylor says: That's enough, soldier.
- The troops all turn and salute the captain.
- Captain Taylor says: Now, get your mind right! We'll be killing orcs within the hour.
- The recruit turns back to the ocean and strains his eyes.
- Recruit 2 says: Yeah, I... I think I can see it too.
- Captain Taylor yells: Listen up! Our transport should be here momentarily.
- Captain Taylor yells: Fall in!
- The ship pulls into dock.
- Captain Taylor yells: Alright, men! Move out!
- yells: Come aboard, now. Step on up!
- Mack Fearsen yells: Cap'n is navigatin' this here ship non-stop to that there ocean over yonder...
- Mack Fearsen yells: ...where we'll commence to assistin' the Alliance in their little skirmish with them Horde fellers.
- Mack Fearsen yells: Easy money! Commission's to be dispersed evenly among any and all survivors!
- The ship sets sail.
- yells: Ahoy!
- Budd yells: I'm saaaailing!
- Budd says: Out on a boat... way far away from the dock...
- Budd says: Into the wind with the sky and everything...
- Budd says: Oooh... shiny!
- Budd jumps overboard!
- yells: Budd! Noooo!
- Mack Fearsen says: Aww, Budd. Now what'd ya go an' do that for?
- Captain Taylor says: Civillians...
- Captain Tailor yells: Fall in, men!
- Captain Taylor says: That island on the horizon is our destination.
- Captain Taylor says: It's where we will do our duty, for our king, for Stormwind and for her people...
- Captain Taylor says: Every orc you slay today will bring honor to them, and to every soldier who has come before you.
- Captain Taylor says: has sent his best to take this island. We shall see to it that none of them return home...
- Captain Taylor says: Today Hellscream shall learn the lesson that failed to teach him...
- Captain Taylor says: Stormwind will never fall!
- The soldiers and recruits start cheering.
- Captain Taylor says: Now make ready. We'll be ashore momentarily.
- The ship closes on Seafarer's Tomb in the Kelp'thar Forest. Off in the distance is Legion's Fate, as well.
- Adarrah yells: Captain! Shipwreck off the starbord bow! There appear to be survivors!
- The ship stops. As the crew look at the shipwreck, tendrils appear and knock the survivors into the water. Then, the tendrils turn on the player's ship...
- Mack Fearson says: What the... ?
- Knocked out and stunned, the player starts sinking, breath depleting. A naga attacks, but Erunak scares it off.
- Erunak Stonespeaker says: To the depths with you, beast!
- Erunak Stonespeaker says: Hold on, <race>!
- Erunak casts a bubble spell that lets the player breathe, then the screen fades to black. The player then awakes in an overturned ship, the Briny Cutter...
- Erunak Stonespeaker says: Relax, friend. You have not passed away... yet. Sadly, these others cannot say the same.
-  /
-  /
-  /
-  /
-  / 
-  / 
-  / 
Patches and hotfixesEdit
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.