Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|A Feast of Souls|
|Start||Highlord Darion Mograine|
|End||Highlord Darion Mograine|
Requires Level 80
or 16529 at Level 110
|Reputation||+350 The Ashen Verdict|
- Souls fed to Shadow's Edge (50)
Shadow's Edge is among the greatest weapons a <class> could hope to obtain.
Is your lust for power sated, <race>?
<You feel Mograine's penetrating gaze.>
I thought not. A final warning then...
You now embark on the most treacherous leg of your quest. Bridle your aspirations, for if your aims are impure then your life, your very soul, is forfeit.
The weapon you hold is but an empty husk, a mere shadow of what it may become. Only by devouring a thousand souls shall its true potential be unlocked.
<Highlord Mograine eyes you in silence for a moment.>
You seem to have endured this leg of your trial admirably, <race>.
Pray that fate continues to smile upon you in your endeavor...
Quest progression Edit
- Damaging a mob while wearing will give you his soul when he dies - no death blow required!
- Every damage counts, you do not need to hit something with the weapon itself
- Even a Holy Paladin can collect souls easily, just equip the weapon, jump into the fray and do one Consecration and/or Holy Wrath, then get back to healing
- Clearing Icecrown Citadel (well, at least the trash) will give you about 200 souls (maybe some more, depending on respawn)
- If you do both raid sizes every time you can, you will need 2.5 to 3 weeks to complete this quest
- "Reputation farming" (only killing trash and waiting for the respawn) might get you to 1000 even quicker
As the player harvests the souls, The Lich King will occasionally whisper to them.
- The Lich King whispers: Take them, mortal. These souls will again be mine, soon enough.
- The Lich King whispers: Soon, mortal, you too shall have a blade for a prison.
- The Lich King whispers: Remember hero: I, too, once sought a weapon of great power...
- The Lich King whispers: I see you too are gathering souls for your own ends. Are we really so different, champion?
- The Lich King whispers: Yes, do it! Create your monstrous new weapon. It too will serve me when your soul is mine!
- The Lich King whispers: Bring me your weapon, champion, that I might feed it the soul of its master.
- The Lich King whispers: Look at you, child, would-be wielder of souls! You cannot fathom the power that lies at my command!
- The Lich King whispers: Come to me, pretender! Feed MY blade!
- The Lich King whispers: My challenges have strengthened you, champion! You shall serve me well!
- The Lich King whispers: Never have I had cause to regret sparing your life, mortal. Always, you find ways to amuse me.
- The Lich King whispers: The moment is soon at hand, mortal. You shall toil for eternity in a new Azeroth!
- The Lich King whispers: More souls, yes, more! You shall find it hard to stop.
- The Lich King whispers: The hunger your weapon feels is but a shade of what awaits. Do you want to see real hunger? Real power? Continue onward, hero! I am waiting.
- The Lich King whispers: You stumble about in darkness. There is no light here. No mercy. Icecrown has claimed the souls of better heroes than you.
- The Lich King whispers: Your heart... its incessant drumming disgusts me. I will silence it, as I did my own.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): Added.