Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|A Blade Fit For a Champion|
or 13229 at Level 110
|Reputation||+250 The Silver Covenant|
|Previous||  , |
The following NPCs offer this quest to valiants of the Argent Tournament who have yet to complete :
- <Grand Champion of Stormwind>
- <Grand Champion of Gnomeregan>
- <Grand Champion of the Exodar>
- <Grand Champion of Darnassus>
- <Grand Champion of Ironforge>
Good, honest, honed steel may not carry the day. The other combatants are using enchanted blades and I find myself at a disadvantage, but all is not lost.
There is an old legend about a maiden in Grizzly Hills, who guarded a powerful blade. She is said to have been cursed, turned into a frog, so that none would ever wield the blade. She lives among the lake frogs on the shore of Ashwood Lake, just east of Ashwood Post. It is said the only thing that can break the curse is a
/kiss, freely given.
Were you able to recover the blade?
So the tales were true? This is a fine blade and I have no doubt that it will serve me well in the tournament. You have my thanks, <name>.
- Ashwood Lake[60.9, 51.4] is just to the east of Ashwood Post, which is itself to the southeast of Grizzlemaw and southwest of Camp Oneqwah in south-central Grizzly Hills.
- Friendly Lake Frogs roam the lake. Apply the , then blow a
/kissto one. Reapply balm as necessary to avoid getting debuffed with "Warts!"
- Players will eventually get lucky and find the Maiden of Ashwood Lake, who immediately spawns saying "Can it really be? Free after all these years?"
- The following gossip text then takes place:
- I thought I'd never be free from that terrible curse. You have my gratitude, stranger.
- Glad to help, my lady. I'm told you were once the guardian of a fabled sword. Do you know where I might find it?
- Take it with my gratitude, <class>.
- After 15–30 seconds, the Maiden will despawn saying "And now, I must return to the waters of the lake."
-  and complete the daily quests listed below to earn enough to continue. (15 seals at 5 per day)
- Players will be offered one of these quests based on their race:
-  and complete the daily quests listed below to earn enough to continue. (25 seals at 5 per day)
After completing "", the following quests open up allowing players to repeat the valiant stage of daily quests (steps six and seven) for the other factions with which they have not yet earned the right to champion:
Patches and hotfixesEdit
Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Added