Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron is a rare nerubian archaeology artifact.
This small box has many shifting panels, moving hinges and hidden clasps. Yet no matter how you manipulate them, it seems impossible to actually open the box to reveal the contents within. It is also difficult to even try because the dark artifact constantly whispers to you, "It WAS your fault. It WAS your fault. It WAS your fault. It WAS your fault."
Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron whispers you one upon use:
- At the bottom of the ocean even light must die
- The silent, sleeping, staring houses in the backwoods always dream. It would be merciful to tear them down.
- There is no sharp distinction between the real and the unreal.
- Even death may die.
- There is a little lamb lost in dark woods.
- All places, all things have souls. All souls can be devoured.
- What can change the nature of a man?
- The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark.
- You will all be alone in the end.
- Do you dream while you sleep or is it an escape from the horrors of reality?
- Look around. They will all betray you. Flee screaming into the black forest.
- In the land of Ny'alotha there is only sleep.
- In the sleeping city of Ny'alotha walk only mad things.
- Ny'alotha is a city of old, terrible, unnumbered crimes.
- Y'knath k'th'rygg k'yi mrr'ungha gr'mula.
- The void sucks at your soul. It is content to feast slowly.
- The drowned god's heart is black ice.
- It is standing right behind you. Do not move. Do not breathe.
- Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside.
- In the sunken city, he lays dreaming.
- Open me! Open me! Open me! Then only will you know peace.
- You resist. You cling to your life as if it actually matters. You will learn.
- The tortured spirits of your ancestors cling to you, screaming in silence. Apparently they are quite numerous.
- The fish know all the secrets. They know the cold. They know the dark.
- The giant rook watches from the dead trees. Nothing breathes beneath his shadow.
- Beneath the shadow of the darkened spire, there is no light, no mercy, only void, and the chaos within.
- Like most items related to the Old Gods (and the Old Gods themselves), many of the whispers of the Puzzle Box are inspired by H. P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos.
Patch changes Edit