The island has a mysterious, unknown history. It is haunted by ghosts of renegade paladins, monks, mages and priests that for some reason are condemned and cannot find peace in death. It seems that Kormok is the cause of the isles ghosts as it is said that he delighted in summoning forth the souls of the banished dead. Before patch 1.10, the mobs on the Isle were only level 20-30. Now they are 57+ elites, and have become part of the Tier 0.5 armor quest.
It was also a renowned place to farm money, before patch 2.0, due to the fact that the mobs may drop up to 30 silver each.
Purgation Isle is present as part of the Escape from Durnholde Keep Caverns of Time instance. When viewed with a map viewer, the island appears 'new' and looks like it's been updated. However, when in the actual instance, the island is not accessible due to an invisible wall.
These mobs are considered harder to beat than the ones in Tyr's Hand and should NOT be underestimated. Each class hits a fairly high amount of melee damage along with special abilities:
- Cursed Paladin: Uses a 1h mace+shield and Hammer of Justice.
- Condemned Acolyte: Uses a dagger, Shadow Word: Pain and Renew.
- Condemned Monk: Uses a melee staff, Kick and Pummel.
- Condemned Cleric: Uses a 1h mace, Smite and Heal.
- Writhing Mage: Uses a caster staff and Frostbolt.
Mobs Previously Occupying the Area