|Title||<Dragon Riders of Loreth'Aran>|
During the War of the Ancients, Toreth was the prince of what would eventually come to be known as Bloodmyst Isle, and a member of the Dragon Riders of Loreth'Aran, a group of night elves allowed to ride upon Ysera's brood. When Deathwing's brood slaughtered the Dragon Riders, Toreth was the last to fall. As he died, he swore a blood oath to never let the story of the Dragon Riders be lost to the mists of time. Because of his oath, his spirit is bound to Wyrmscar Island off the coast of Bloodmyst, where he tells any who ask about the glories of his people and the fate that befell them.
He starts the following quests:
- See also: Bloodmyst Isle NPCs
Conversation with Prince Toreth
- Are you mad? Look around you, mortal. Do you not see that you stand upon sundered earth? Leave this place lest you suffer as my people and I have...
- Are you blind as well as insane?
- I am a ghost - a cruel reminder of a civilization that has long ceased to exist - anchored to a land that I failed to protect.
- Long ago - ten-thousand years past - I was flesh and bone, just like you. I was prince of this land and a dragon rider, blessed by Ysera of the Dream.
- Have you not heard of Ysera? Guardian of nature? Aspect of the Dream? She is the matron of all green dragons! Aye, it was Ysera herself that gifted my kingdom with her brood. We stood shoulder to shoulder with the noble creatures and they allowed us to ride them into battle against our enemies. All was well for many centuries... until...
- Deathwing's brood... Ysera's benevolence raised the ire of Deathwing - patron of the black dragonflight. They attacked us in our sleep! Many died on the initial surge but the greens rose to protect us.
- <Prince Toreth points around the island.>
- The bones are all that remains of the once great dragons. None were spared.
- I was the last to die. As I felt my spirit leaving my mortal shell, I swore a blood oath.
- <Prince Toreth shakes his head.>
- A pact was made between this land and I: My blood for this world. I became the sole keeper of the history of my people.
- I cannot rest until I am secure in knowing that the story of the dragon riders of Loreth'Aran is not lost in the passages of time.
- Patch 2.0.3 (09-Jan-2007): Added.