Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Preserved Brewfest Hops provides a buff which converts your mount into the Brewfest mount associated with your faction. Duration: 1 hour. Unlike other "Fresh" Brewfest Hops items, Preserved Brewfest Hops do not disappear when Brewfest ends.
Preserved Brewfest Hops is purchased from the Brewfest Token vendors for a cost of 20 . These are only available during Brewfest, the Brewfest Tokens required to purchase them disappear when Brewfest ends.
Using a Preserved Brewfest Hops puts a buff on your character which converts your mount into a Swift Brewfest Ram for Alliance characters or Great Brewfest Kodo for Horde characters. The buff is on you, not on the mount; if you switch mounts, the buff is still active. The duration of the buff is one hour.
Use of this item satisfies the achievement if you have riding training. You do not have to have a mount, nor use a mount, nor have a mount actually converted; the achievement procs as soon as you use the hops. This item allows you to pre-buy the ability to easily proc this achievement, if you are not yet level 20 during Brewfest.
- You cannot use the item until you are level 20 and eligible for riding training.
- You do not have to have a mount to use this item. The item applies the buff to your character.
- The conversion of the mount takes a moment. If you summon a mount with the buff active, your mount will appear briefly, then will be replaced by the Brewfest mount.
- The item is usable all year round. Unlike other "Fresh" Brewfest Hops items, Preserved Brewfest Hops do not disappear when Brewfest ends, analogous to vs
- If the buff is already applied when Brewfest ends, it runs its course, it does not terminate prematurely.
- The note: "The effect will last until you dismount, even after the hops timer runs out." was not true in the 2009 Brewfest. The buff now persist dismounting and lasts for an hour. It can no longer be extended indefinitely by avoiding dismounting.
- Does effect your flying mounts, so you will need to dispel the effects of this item before being able to use your flying mount. (Possible bug/hotfix.)
- If you have a Brewfest Hops buff active and want to apply a different Brewfest Hops buff, the other faction's mount, for example, the current buff blocks application of the new buff. You must manually turn off the current buff by right clicking it and dispelling it in order to apply the new buff.
Patches and hotfixes Edit
Patch 2.4.3 (2008-07-15): Added
See also Edit
Check the Brewfest Hops disambiguation page for other forms of Brewfest Hops.