Undocumented changes Edit
- New graphics options were added to boost visuals.
- Install size has been greatly reduced (under 19 GB).
- File structure of install has been reformatted and access to cinematics/etc has been removed.
- Game will now default to 64 bit client on x64 systems.
- Spells with long cooldowns (Guardian of Ancient Kings, Avenging Wrath) now reset after killing a boss.
- Mage portals and self-teleportation spells no longer require reagents.
- Pets can now be summoned and dismissed while mounted.
Mobs & NPCs Edit
- In Orgrimmar there are 2 new NPC goblins near the Engineering area.
- There is a level 91 elite puppy running around Stormwind Keep by the name of Crithto. That much isn't news, I guess; what is news is that he's now listed as a neutral non-combat pet, and will one-shot you if you accidentally hit him.
- Molten Core Corehounds were resized back to how they were in the past.
- If you go to turn in multiple quests to one NPC, it will automatically take you to the complete quest page for the second after completing the first.
- Archaeology sites now have more digs per site.
- When equipping a fishing pole, main and off-hand weapons are now kept close together in the bags.
- Mining and skinning no longer require that you have a Mining Pick or a Skinning Knife in your bags.
- Tin now requires level 1 mining, and Earthroot requires level 1 Herbalism.
- It is now possible to leave a battleground from the small pvp icon on the minimap.
- Spine and madness are no longer required for the achievement "Glory of the Dragon Soul Raider".
- Pandaren camps were set up in the capital cities to house Monk trainers.
- There are newly designed Auction House benches in Stormwind.
- A map was added to the Caverns of Time area.
- ^ Kaivax 2012-08-14. #1 - Instance Lockout Extensions and 5.0.4. Official Gameplay and Guides > Dungeons and Raids forum (US).
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment 2012-08-16. All Races Available in Patch 5.0.4. Official World of Warcraft Community site (US).
Qoennon 2012-08-16. All Races Available in Patch 5.0.4. Official Gameplay > General forum (EU).
- ^ Quintessence 2012-08-24. Patch 5.0.4 Reminders. Perks N Peeves. “Pet Battles. We'll have to wait until the MoP release date to access this new ability and minigame. The upside is that players do NOT have to upgrade to MoP to participate.”
- ^ Kaivax 2012-08-28. #1 - Theramore's Fall: One Week at Level 85. Official Community > General Discussion forum (US). Vaneras 2012-08-28. #1 - Battle of Theramore: One Week at Level 85. Official Gameplay > General forum (EU).
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p Mathew Rossi 2012-08-31. Breakfast Topic: What Didn't You Know About Patch 5.0.4. WoW Insider.
- ^ Robin Torres 2012-09-11. Gathering no longer needs tools. WoW Insider.
- ^ Paleblade77 2012-09-11. Gathering no longer needs tools. WoW Insider.