Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|“Mists of Pandaria Systems Patch and Beta”|
|Interface .toc||50000 (API Changes)|
|Highlights & notes|
|Patches • Mirrors • Category|
Patch 5.0.3 Edit
A version of the systems patch for Mists of Pandaria to precede the expansion release was made available on the PTR on July 13th, 2012. It was released simultaneously with the latest Patch 5.0.1 Beta build. This patch never went to the Live realms and was replaced on the PTR by Patch 5.0.4 on July 20th, 2012.
Build history Edit
On July 3rd, 2012, a systems patch intended to precede the Mists of Pandaria release was announced to appear on the PTR, but will not be accessible to Beta tester accounts and no expansion content or zones will be accessible. The first PTR systems client was released on July 13th, 2012 and had the same build 15851 number as the Beta, but the patch version was changed to Patch 5.0.3.
Pre-expansion event Edit
Theoretically, the 5.0.3 systems patch and the beta also includes the much rumored event surrounding the Horde's attack on Theramore Isle and it's likely near total destruction. This event was not exposed to beta or PTR test players.
Beta changes Edit
Twentieth closed beta patch Edit
- ^ a b chaud 2012-07-13. Mists of Pandaria Beta - Build 15851. MMO Champion.
- ^ Kaivax 2012-07-03. Access to 5.0.3PTR and Mists of Pandaria Bet(a). Official Community > Mists of Pandaria forum (US).
We will soon begin public testing of patch 5.0.3 of World of Warcraft, a patch that will precede the Mists of Pandaria release, and includes many features and functions that are new to the game. We encourage all players who wish to test patch 5.0.3 with us to take careful note of the following:
Edited by Nethaera on 7/13/12 1:29 PM (PDT)
- It will not be possible to access the 5.0.3 PTR realms with a game account that accesses the Mists of Pandaria Beta.
- If a game account has been flagged with a Mists of Pandaria Beta license, it can only be used to enter Beta realms.
- This limitation is on each World of Warcraft license, and is not Battle.net account-based.
- While testing 5.0.3, players will not be able to access zones or content that is a part of the Mists of Pandaria expansion.
- ^ Kaivax 2012-07-20. #3 - PTR Build?. Official PTR Discussion forum (US). The initial PTR build is identifying itself as version 5.0.3.
That will increment up to 5.0.4 soon.
As a result, we're referring to it as 5.0.4. We apologize for any confusion.
- ^ Zarhym. #2744 - Theramore in flames: Horde favoritism. pt. 2. Official Community > General Discussion forum (US). ...The attack on Theramore is an event which will take place prior to the release of the new expansion to aggressively advance the war between the factions following Deathwing's death, further highlighting what Garrosh's motivations are in contrast to Varian's....
- ^ Zarhym 2011-12-01. #105 - So let's say Theramore isn't favoritism. Official Community > General Discussion forum (US).
- ^ Sapperwix 2012-08-08. #195 - Beta Realm Maintenance - 8/8/12. Official Mists of Pandaria Beta > Beta Feedback forum (US). We are not currently planning on opening this up for public/beta testing. That may change but for right now we're testing it internally.
See also Edit
- Launcher window