Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Craftable by Engineers with a minimum skill level of 225.
The recipe for this is taught by , a World Drop.
- Be careful when parachuting a long distance. If you activate the cloak too early, the slow fall effect will end while you are still too far off the ground.
- Essentially the same as the mage spell Slow Fall and similar to the priest spell Levitate; it completely mitigates fall damage for the duration of the buff. The difference is, the cloak's duration is shorter and does not require a reagent.
- Can be used to take shortcuts such as jumping into Un'Goro Crater. Another example would be parachuting over the lava when doing the quest . It can potentially even be used to access areas that were not meant to be reached by players.
- Can be used to escape from enemy players or mobs by jumping off high cliffs. Alternately, you can ambush enemy players by dropping onto them, a tactic that can occasionally be useful in battlegrounds.
- Can be used to avoid one of the unpleasant backfire effects of the Ultrasafe Transporter - Gadgetzan, that of unintended vertical displacement.
- Has a 30 seconds cooldown
- Can be Disenchanted.
- The parachute cloak cannot be used to get the "Going Down?" achievement.
- The Tinkering abilities and largely make this obsolete at higher levels of engineering, as they allow any cloak to gain the parachute ability, and for a longer duration.
BackgroundEditThis section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft RPG, and thus unlikely to be canon.
The Parachute Cloak is a human invention. This wraparound cloak is a simple and useful invention. If the wearer begins to fall, the cloak immediately unfolds into a huge parachute, slowing his descent to safe speeds - at least, for a few seconds.