Hailing from the secretive Pandaren Empire, the mighty brewmasters travel the world in search of exotic ales and the finest brewed spirits. These affable warriors rarely seek out danger or trouble, preferring instead to spend their time concocting new and tasty beverages for any brave enough to imbibe them. However, if attacked, the laughing brewmasters bring all of their pandaren agility and ferocity to bear! They even bring their beer to war! They are peerless warriors and world class drinkers all in one!
A rare few pandaren walk outside of their culture's normal ways. Brewmasters are those pandaren given to a fondness for drink. Rather than them being relegated to some outcast place in society, however, pandaren highly regard those who show such a propensity. These pandaren, like all their kind, master a craft: theirs is the creation of ales, wines and other spirits.
Yet the term "spirits" is not used facetiously among these folk, for those who would become brewmasters learn which plants, berries, and fungi harbor the most powerful spirits. They harvest these spirits and awaken them, allowing the one fortunate enough to drink one of these Master Brews to actually see and commune with the spirit.
The brewmasters learn their strange, drunken wardance from these spirits. Brewmasters are the only pandaren who are exempt from the strictures regarding the ability to create and destroy — in all things, the brewmasters are too busy listening to the spirits that swirl about within their heads to care what their peers think.
A warrior Hero, the brewmasters of Pandaria have emerged from the bamboo forests of their ancestors to bring their unique fighting style (and robust ales) to the highest bidder.
Others; Mojo Dark-Ale, Sinjo Honeybrew, Kesha Wildbarley, Tatsa Sweetbarrow, Mushi Ale-Hearth, Jinto Reedwine, Masha Storm-Stout, and Polo Barrel-keg.
As neutral heroes, Pandaren Brewmasters are hired from the Tavern. They have four unique abilities which consist of: Breath of Fire, Drunken Haze, Drunken Brawler, and finally Storm, Earth and Fire.
- Breath of Fire: Breathes a cone of fire at enemy units, dealing 65/125/170 initial damage. Units that have Drunken Haze on them will ignite and burn for 7/14/21 damage per second over 5 seconds.
- Drunken Haze: Drenches enemy units in alcohol, causing their movement speed to be reduced by 15%/30%/50%, and have a 45%/65%/80% chance to miss on attacks. When units with Drunken Haze cast on them are hit by Breath of Fire, they will ignite and take burn damage. Lasts 12 seconds.
- Drunken Brawler: Gives a 7%/14%/21% chance to dodge an attack and a 10% chance to deal 2/3/4 times normal damage.
- Storm, Earth and Fire: Splits the Pandaren Brewmaster into elements, forming 3 specialized warriors. If any of them survive until the end of their summoned timer, the Brewmaster is reborn. Lasts 45 seconds.
- Storm: The Storm element's attire is blue with silver lining, missing both the Brewmaster's keg and staff. His attacks are ranged orbs of lightning. He has four abilities: Dispel Magic, Cyclone, Wind Walk, and Resistant Skin.
- Earth: The Earth element's attire is brown with silver lining, missing the Brewmaster's staff. In place of the keg is a large rock which looks similar to a keg's shape. He has four abilities: Pulverize, Taunt, Spell Immunity, and Resistant Skin.
- Fire: The Fire element's attire is red with gold lining, missing the Brewmaster's keg. In place of the staff are two large blades, similar to the weapons used by Pandaren Shodo-Pan. He has two abilities: Permanent Immolation and Resistant Skin.
- Dispel Magic: Removes all buffs from units in a target area. Deals 200 damage to summoned units.
- Cyclone: Tosses a target non-mechanical enemy unit into the air, rendering it unable to move, attack, or cast spells, and stopping others from attacking or casting on it. Lasts 20 seconds.
- Wind Walk: Allows the Pandaren to become invisible, and move 10% faster. If the Pandaren attacks a unit to break invisiblity, the attack will do 50 bonus damage.
- Pulverize: Gives a 20% chance that an attack will deal damage to nearby units.
- Taunt: The closest 10 enemies are forced to attack this unit.
- Spell Immunity: Renders this unit immune to all spells.
- Permanent Immolation: Burns nearby enemy units for 10 points of damage per second.
- Resistant Skin: Reduces the duration of negative spells and renders the unit immune to certain spells.
Appearance in The Frozen Throne campaigns
In the fourth mission of the Sentinels campaign a pandaren was in the Pandaren Brewing area in southwest corner of the map. He gave Maiev Shadowsong a Slipper of Agility +3, before closing up his shop.
Chen Stormstout is the most prominently featured Brewmaster and is present throughout the bonus campaign, albeit only if you complete an optional quest to recruit him.
Two brewmasters appear in the Blood Elf campaign. In the secret mission, one shows up in the final wave to try to stop the blood elves from escaping through the portal. The second one is a secret character. To get the Brewmaster, however, the player must survive all the waves of attackers on the tower defense style secret level, including defeating the alliance allied Pandaren. If successful, they'll control not only Kael & Vashj during the next mission, but also a random-named brewmaster.