|Devourer of Souls|
|Health|| 647,000 (Normal)|
|Location||Forge of Souls, Icecrown Citadel|
His death is the objective of the following quests:
- ω ϖ (Heroic modeω ϖ) 15 yd range—Inflicts 11700 to 12300 Shadow damage. 2 sec cast. 17550-18450 on Heroic
- ω ϖ 100 yd range—The Devourer of Souls mirrors the targets soul. A percentage of damage from the Devourer of Souls is being mirrored with you. 2 sec cast.
- ω ϖ 40 yd range—The Devourer of Souls leaps towards a target, slamming the ground creating a Well of Souls. Instant. Anyone standing in the Well is hit with...
- ω ϖ—The Devourer of Souls is releasing tormented souls periodically. 0.85 sec cast. Lasts 5 seconds. (15 sec cooldown)
- ω ϖ—Lets loose Wailing Souls, inflicting 4875 to 5125 Shadow damage to anyone in front of her and knocking them back. Instant. Lasts 4 seconds. This is the initial warning debuff cast on the starting player. Does not do any damage. Cast at the same time is... (15 sec cooldown)
- ω ϖ—Lets loose Wailing Souls, inflicting 4875 to 5125 Shadow damage to anyone in front of him. 3 sec cast. Starts at the same time as the last line. This does a 90 degree sweep of the room starting from the targeted player's original position. Lasts 15 seconds. Does not do any damage. Players standing in front of him are hit with...
The Devourer fairly continuously casts Phantom Blast on the main tank if he is not doing anything else. If possible, this should be interrupted as a sequence of successful casts can quickly kill the tank. If your tank is a warrior, have him use Spell Reflection as well, as it can be reflected back to The Devourer. Other things he could be doing include...
Somewhat frequently, the Devourer will leap to another player in the party and create a Well of Souls at that player's position. The well lasts upwards of 15 seconds and does some fairly intense damage to anyone still standing in it.
- Devourer of Souls begins to cast Mirrored Soul!
While Mirrored Soul is active, any damage dealt to the Devourer will be mirrored proportionally with whoever has the debuff. Thus, it is imperative to stop DPS while the debuff is up.
- Devourer of Souls begins to Unleash Souls!
The Devourer will on occasion stop whatever else he is doing and summon a very large number of wraiths. They do not hit very hard but there are a lot of them and they cannot be targeted. Run away if the damage taken winds up being too great.
- Devourer of Souls begins to cast Wailing Souls!
Finally, the Devourer will unleash a wail of souls. He does a 90 degree sweep of the room (either clockwise or counterclockwise) starting from the position of a random, but debuffed player. He starts wailing around three seconds after casting the debuff, and will wail for 15 seconds. Anyone caught in front of him takes a very high amount of damage ticking every 0.4 seconds.
One further thing to note is that the encounter will reset if the party runs back down the stairs, leaving enough time to resurrect 2 players (possibly more) before The Devourer respawns.
The Devourer has 3 faces through which will switch during the fight. They all have the same quotes.
- You dare look upon the host of souls?! I SHALL DEVOUR YOU WHOLE!
- Wailing Souls
- Stare into the abyss, and see your end!
- Unleash Souls
- SUFFERING! ANGUISH! CHAOS! RISE AND FEED!
- Killing a player
- Doomed for eternity!
- The swell of souls will not be abated! You only delay the inevitable!
- Nearly all the items on the Devourer of Souls' loot table reference the Reliquary of Souls in some way.
- If the Devourer of Souls is killed while releasing souls or performing wailing soul it will simply drop to the floor instantly. This is because neither the suffering face or desire face have a death animation. However, whichever head is active will speak the death quote.
- Additionally, if he dies during Wailing Souls or Releasing Souls, no text will appear on the chat. Just simply Devourer of Souls yells:
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 3.3.2 (2010-01-02): The Devourer of Souls will now cast Mirrored Souls less often.
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): Added.