|This article or section contains information that is out-of-date.
|This article or section is likely to dramatically change once Legion begins.
|Cooldown||(GCD 1 sec)|
|Requirements||Requires Melee Weapon|
Overpower is a warrior ability.
Modified by Edit
- Overpower is a 10 Rage attack based on weapon damage. It instantly attacks the enemy for weapon damage.
- Works best with large two-handed weapons. Most efficient warrior ability, damage per rage, so use it as often as you can.
- Rogues are especially vulnerable to it, as they rely on Dodge for much of their damage mitigation. Overpower can be devastating, so consider using when fighting them to mitigate possible interruptions from Gouge.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 7.0.3 (19-Jul-2016): Made a Warrior talent and weapon damage changed to be specifically Physical 375%. Now all melee attacks have a chance (?) to activate this.
- Patch 6.0.1 (24-Apr-2014): Weapon damage changed to 80% from 105%.
- Patch 5.2.0 (5-Mar-2013): Overpower now costs 10 rage and reduces Mortal Strike's remaining cooldown by 0.5 seconds.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Overpower now has a 1.5-second cooldown and global cooldown (Taste for Blood's Overpower cooldown has not changed).
- Hotfix (2009-04-24): " will now properly provide a 100% chance to enable Overpower after a parry."
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Overpower now only has one rank and no longer causes any bonus damage (i.e. weapon damage only).
- Patch 2.1.2 (2007-06-19): Overpower dims on the action bar when the player is affected by disarm spells.
- Patch 1.8.0 (10-Oct-2005): Now uses normalized attack power.
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): Fixed a bug where the ability was sometimes blocked.
- Patch 1.3.0 (07-Mar-2005): Should now be usable when a special attack is dodged.