An official site refers to a web site published by a game developer.
Official WoW sites Edit
- US , Americas, Oceanic
- Spanish ( Mexico & Latin America): Website [es] / Foros [es]
- Portuguese : Website [pt] / Fóruns [pt]
- Oceanic: General Discussion forum ( Guild Recruitment forum)
- French : Website [fr-fr] / Forums [fr]
- German : Website [de-de] / Foren [de]
- Italian : Website [it-it] / Forum [it]
- Portuguese : Website [pt-pt] / Fóruns [pt]
- Spanish : Website [es-es] / Foros [es]
- Russian : Website [ru-ru] / Форумы [ru]
- US , Americas, Oceanic
US – news is at: news.blizzard.com/en-us
EU – news is at: news.blizzard.com/en-gb
China news is at: wowchina.com/zh-cn/news
New in 2017 Edit
Sometime in late August 2017, World of Warcraft also appears at news.blizzard.com/en-us/world-of-warcraft in addition to what appears at worldofwarcraft.com. The header link from the World of Warcraft forums now goes to news.blizzard.com instead of worldofwarcraft.com. This appears to be part of Blizzard's somewhat muddled attempt to focus more attention on its Blizzard Entertainment brand. Now readers have to go to worldofwarcraft.com for overview navigation, esports, game info, and some lore; *.battle.net for forums, shop, and support; and will sometimes end up at news.blizzard.com for news.
New version in 2016 Edit
A new design of the official game site was unveiled on July 26, 2016. In a bit of irony, it reverted back to using the worldofwarcraft.com domain with language and region largely switching based on the directory path just after the domain (approx. /en-us for , /en-gb for , /ko-kr for , and /zh-tw for ). Strangely, mainland China uses gold.blizzard.cn or wow.blizzard.cn, which are actually different for some unknown reason.
As seems to happen each time Blizzard does this, there is less lore content in the new version. We shall see if it gets added back. There are also missing features like the Dungeon Journals, boss info, items, and Blizztracker. Each time they redo the site, it takes some time for features to come back, but so far each new iteration is slightly less feature rich.
New version in 2010 Edit
The design of the site changed as well as the primary domains use to access it in December 2010. The main domains of worldofwarcraft.com and wow-europe.com now redirect to us.battle.new/wow/en and eu.battle.new/wow/en.
Official Blizzard sites Edit
- Sons of the Storm – Website: Warcraft art from Blizzard artists Samwise, Metzen, Twincruiser, Thammer, and Raneman.
- Battlenet.com.cn – CN
Official pages Edit
- On October 25, 2016 (coinciding with the release of Patch 7.1), worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news (and /en-gb/news) gave a "404: Page Not Found" error. This problem was fixed after a few days.
- Chrome 50 (through 53?) cannot log into battle.net.
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment 2016-07-22. New World of Warcraft Site Preview. World of Warcraft official game site (US).
Blizzard Entertainment 2016-07-23. New World of Warcraft Site Preview. World of Warcraft official game site (EU).
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment 2010-12-06. The New World of Warcraft Community Site. World of Warcraft official game site (US).
Blizzard Entertainment 2010-12-04. The New World of Warcraft Community Site. World of Warcraft official game site (EU).
- ^ http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749266448#post-19
- ^ https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=580770
See also Edit