Consuming this potion has a random special status effect:
- Turn you into a skeleton, complete with undead animations such as for dancing, eating, drinking and laughing. It also allows underwater breathing. This buff lasts 10 minutes.
- Makes you tiny. This buff lasts 10 minutes.
- Gives you slow fall, and so allows you to jump from high heights without sustaining fall damage. This buff lasts 15 seconds.
The different effects will stack if you consume multiple Noggenfoggers, so you can be, for example, a tiny skeleton.
From patch 2.0.1 to 2.3.0 Noggenfoggers were on a 2 minute cooldown. It was removed, as well as the global cooldown, allowing players to repeatedly use the Noggenfogger until they get their desired buff.
BackgroundEditThis section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft RPG, and thus unlikely to be canon.
This dark green substance resembles an oil at first glance. It is so thick and viscous that some feel imbibing it is more like eating an oyster — the stuff must be swallowed whole. The renowned goblin alchemist Marin Noggenfogger was the first to create this bizarre concoction. The elixir requires a variety of strange ingredients, including the moisture found within the exceptionally rare thistleshrub dew collectors found only in the Tanaris Desert. The means to create Noggenfogger elixir is a secret known only to a few goblin alchemists, who guard the secret jealously. Noggenfogger elixir is typically sold in bottles of 5 doses, although this varies depending on the vendor.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 5.0.4 (28-August-2012): Players may now use mounts while under the skeleton effect.
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): Players shrunk while under the effects of this item will now be able to mount.