|Cooldown||45 sec (GCD 1.5 sec)|
|Requirements||Requires Melee Weapon|
This ability is meant to bring back some of the old flavor from when death knights could dispel heal-over-time (HoT) effects. It also gives the class a bit more PvP utility without simply replicating a -style effect.
- It is not affected by PvP power.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 7.1.5 (10-Jan-2017): Added back as an Honor Talent (PvP). Now costs 1 Rune, has a 45 sec cooldown, range increased to 5 yds from melee, and GCD increased to 1.5 sec from 1 sec. School changed to Nature, Shadow from Physical. Now deals 150% Plague damage instead of 100% weapon damage, absorbs the next X healing received by the target. No longer has has debuff that clouds the target's mind, slowing their casting speed by 50% (25% on player targets). No longer lasts 10 sec.
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Removed.
- Patch 5.4.0 (10-Sep-2013) Necrotic Strike now deals 100% weapon damage (down from 150% weapon damage).
- Patch 5.3.0 (21-May-2013): Necrotic Strike's healing absorption effect has been increased to 225% from attack power, up from 200%.
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Necrotic Strike’s absorption effect is now reduced by the target’s resilience. In addition, its debuff duration has been reduced to 10 seconds, down from 15.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Added.