|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft after the Mists of Pandaria cleared.
Nature's Swiftness is a Shaman ability from the Restoration tree. This ability, when activated, causes the next nature spell with a casting time less than 10 sec to be instant. For example, activating Nature's Swiftness and then casting Lightning Bolt will instantly hurl a Bolt without that spell's normal 2.5 second casting time. Nature's Swiftness does not affect channeled spells.
- After activating Nature's Swiftness, a buff appears indicating the next cast will be instant. This buff will remain indefinitely until the effect is used, or until the player dies. The two minute cooldown will not begin until this buff is consumed.
- Nature's Swiftness buff can be dispelled / stolen.
- Activating this ability does not trigger the global cooldown.
- Spells that work with Nature's Swiftness are Healing Surge, Healing Wave, Chain Heal, Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, Ghost Wolf.
Tips and tacticsEdit
- This spell can be very helpful when you need to cast an emergency heal spell.
- Allows an instant shift to Ghost Wolf form for escaping.
- Making a spell instant is an excellent workaround to counterspell effects and pushback.
- Nature's Swiftness can be dispelled or spellstolen. Because Nature's Swiftness doesn't trigger the global cooldown it can be used in macros to cast and instantly consume it to prevent this.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): Cooldown is now 2 minutes, down from 3 minutes.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Now shares cooldown with Elemental Mastery.